Talk:Hurricane Gladys (1968)
|WikiProject Tropical cyclones / Storms / Atlantic||(Rated GA-class, Low-importance)|
|Hurricane Gladys (1968) has been listed as one of the Natural sciences good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.
Review: December 24, 2013. ( ).
Good content. All that's really needed is a better intro. Jdorje 07:53, 11 January 2006 (UTC)
References, impact pictures, better wikification maybe, more structure. Jdorje 17:14, 11 January 2006 (UTC)
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Hurricane Gladys (1968)/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
Hello Hurricanehink, I am going to be reviewing this article today.
- "The seventh named storm and fifth hurricane (including one unnamed hurricane), Gladys" - Two issues. (1. Was Gladys the seventh named storm and fifth hurricane ever record? Or was it part of some season? :P (2. The "unnamed hurricane" you speak of was actually a subtropical storm.
- "becoming a hurricane before striking Cuba on October 16." - Wikilink Cuba
- "Homosassa on the western coast of Florida on October 19." - You should probably wikilink Florida, even though nobody lives there :P
- "While passing west of the Florida Keys" - Wikilink the Florida Keys?
- "Gladys was responsible for breaking the state's worst drought since 1932, which proved more beneficial than the minor storm damage there." - Personally, I'd replace ", which" with "and", because right now it might look like to some people that the drought in 1932 was more beneficial with the storm. :P
- "with peak winds estimated at 85 mph (130 km/h)." - What about the minimum barometric pressure?
- No impact in the Mid-Atlantic or New England?
- "Precipitation from the storm spread as far west as Quebec and as far northeast as Newfoundland, causing flooding in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia." - Apparently this is a sentence fragment. Not sure how to fix it, though.
- On reference #9, there is a capitalization error: "Beaver County Times. united Press International."
- How can the publication date of reference #13 be October 1968?
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Hurricane Gladys (1968). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/6CV1scaM6?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aoml.noaa.gov%2Fhrd%2FLandsea%2FNHR-Cuba.pdf to http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/Landsea/NHR-Cuba.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.