Talk:If You Can Dream
Akruthi Hair Transplant Centre In Hyderabad- www.akruthihairtransplant.com
This article needs additional citations for verification. (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hair transplantation is a procedure wherein the hair is picked from the scalp’s back and transplanted in the thinning or balding region. As the hair from the back of the scalp is genetically programmed to grow for the rest of your life, it grows permanently even when transplanted in the balding region. This way, you are assured of a completely natural and growing ounce of hair that is permanent.Genetic factors that inherits the gene for hair loss from either or both parents. Men are most commonly affected by the inherited gene as the hormone, testosterone, activates the genetic program leading to loss of hair follicles and eventually hair fall. The age of onset, extent, and rate of hair loss vary from person to person. In addition to Genetic factors, other responsible factors include severe illness, malnutrition, or vitamin deficiency. Then there are Permanent hair color and Chemical relaxers which when applied in incorrect manner, can damage the hair and follicles to such an extent leading to permanent hair loss.
Hair Transplantation at Aakruthi is safe, secure and result-oriented that helps to restore back your youthful appearance and aesthetic looks along with your self-confidence.
A leading name in hair transplantation surgery, Aakruthi Hair Transplantation Centre is recognized for its excellence in all forms of surgical hair transplantation surgeries.Based in Hyderabad, Aakruthi Hair Transplantation Centre is conveniently located in the heart of one of the city’s premier areas.
Aakruthi Hair Transplantation Centre offers a range of surgical hair transplantation surgeries confirming to the highest standards of quality in the field of hair transplant surgery. The USP of the centre lies in providing customised hair replacement solutions and personalized hair loss treatments in tune with client’s individual hair loss conditions. The centre has a state of state of the art transplant surgical facility supplemented by patient-friendly facilities like modern and well-maintained procedure rooms, waiting rooms for comfortable privacy in a relaxed setting and a spacious parking lot.
The centre has successfully treated scores of patients with hair disorders through usage of the latest hair transplant techniques harnessing the best of transplant technology. With Aakruthi’s specialized hair transplant expertise, clients gain access to the best of treatments that makes them look years younger and feel more confident thereby enabling them to advance their careers and lifestyles.
Scalp Laxity Exercises: Maximize the potential of your hair transplant by doing scalp laxity exercises in the month prior to surgery. A hair transplant consultation gives you an opportunity to ask questions and allows our staff to evaluate your hair loss and provide you with recommendations. Virtual consultations are free of charge.
Precautions Prior to one week before surgery:
- Do keep a record of any medications you take one week prior to surgery and advise your doctor on the day of surgery.
- Do not take aspirin or any other anti-inflammatory medication as this affects your bloods ability to clot and may increase
- Restrict and if possible cease smoking as it decreases blood flow to the scalp and can result in poor healing.
- Do not drink alcohol three days prior to surgery as this can thin the blood.
- Do not engage in strenuous exercise three days prior to surgery as this can thin the blood.
- Do not drink coffee or any other caffeinated products the day prior.
The morning of your procedure:
- Wash your hair as you normally would and do not apply any styling products.
Wear upper body clothing that opens at the front and does not require it to be pulled over the head, i.e. button shirt and cardigan.
- Eat breakfast as you normally would, even though you will be nervous and not feel hungry it is beneficial to have something in your stomach when undergoing anesthesia.
When You Arrive:
- When you arrive on the morning of your procedure you will be greeted by one of our staff members. You will be asked to fill out some basic forms while your doctor and surgical technicians prepare for the hair transplant surgery.
- A technician will take your blood pressure and make sure you have followed the pre-operative instructions carefully. Although rarely needed, you may be offered a mild sedative. You will then be led into one of four state-of-the-art procedure rooms. Hair transplant procedure rooms are designed specifically for hair transplantation, facilitating optimal efficiency and patient comfort.
Procedure Review: * Before the hair restoration surgery begins, your doctor will review your previously discussed goals and expectations and work with you to determine the most effective use of your donor hair. The doctor/ patient review is an integral part of the process: the doctor will listen to your wishes and ideas, take them into account, and make suggestions based on thousands of successful hair restorations. The procedure will not move forward until you feel completely satisfied with the approach and design you and your doctor have agreed upon.
- Then you will get changed into a surgical gown and be escorted to theatre where you will be given some mild sedatives to help you relax. We will then attach some monitoring equipment to you to ensure that your are safe and comfortable
Donor Area Removal:
- Hair transplant surgery begins with injections of local anesthesia into the donor area. The anesthesia will ensure that you feel no pain. Once the area is frozen, your doctor will begin removing the donor strip. Donor strip removal takes about 45 minutes. During this part of the procedure, you will be lying face-down on a comfortable table very much like a massage table.
- Once the strip removal is completed, your hair transplant doctor will close the donor site with surgical grade stainless steel staples designed for cosmetic surgery. While your doctor is closing the donor site, technicians will begin separating follicular units from the donor area.
Graft Creation: With the aid of stereoscopic dissecting microscopes, highly skilled technicians dissect follicular units (1 -4 hair groupings) from sections of the donor strip.
A Break and Refreshments: Once this initial phase of your hair restoration is completed you will be able walk around to stretch your legs or use the washroom. One of the technicians will bring refreshments for you while other staff members prepare the procedure room for the second phase of your hair restoration surgery.
Recipient Site Creation & Graft Insertion:
- For this part of the procedure, you will be seated in a comfortable, reclining procedure chair. You will be offered a viewing menu of over 150 DVD movie titles. As the hair transplant doctor creates recipient sites—small incisions that will receive the donor hair—you can watch TV and movies and admire the spectacular view of Vancouver and North Vancouver mountains.
- Recipient sites are created using the lateral-slit technique, pioneered by Dr AAKRUTHI HAIR TRANSPLANT. The AAKRUTHI HAIR TRANSPLANT Lateral-Slit Technique is the only surgical technique that mimics the alignment and distribution of hair as it occurs in nature.
- After the initial recipient site incisions are made, two technicians will begin to place the first wave of grafts. All technicians that place grafts have undergone a vigorous training program to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Lunch: Lunch will be provided.
The Transplant Continues: After lunch, hair transplant surgery will continue: technicians will place more grafts and the doctor will create more recipient sites. At most anytime during the day you can request a break to use the washroom or stand up and stretch.
Post-Op Package: Once the procedure is finished you will be presented with an after care post-operative package. This package consists of various medications such as an anti-biotic, mild pain killers and other assorted items to make your post-operative healing time go as smoothly as possible. You will be encouraged to write or call AAKRUTHI HAIR TRANSPLANT for any follow up questions you may have.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Hair is the crowning glory of an individual that projects his/her personality in a royal manner. Hair loss is one of the worst nightmares for both men and women, especially when it is premature leading to a lot of upheavals in that individual’s life and behavior. A whole lot of factors are responsible for hair loss including increasing atmospheric pollution, stress due to increased pace of modern life, improper food habits, hormonal imbalances, genetic factors, etc, all of which contribute to premature hair fall. The Loss of Hair eventually affects in all ways from personal to psychological and emotionally traumatizes the person and dents the confidence level.
- Loss of hair further limits the ability to interact with the people around and mingle freely with others thereby affecting badly the person’s normal way of living, career prospects and growth in the long run. The arrival of modern hair transplantation has changed all that.
- One of the major techniques involved in Hair Transplantation is FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), a hair restoration procedure wherein hair is transplanted exclusively in a natural grouping of 1-4 hairs. Also called as Follicular Isolation Technique (FIT), FUE’s main benefit is that patients will not have a linear scar on the back of their head.
Follicular Unit Strip Surgery / Transplant (FUSS / FUT)
- It involves the usage of a traditional linear method of donor strip extraction for removing a thin strip of donor area (usually the back of the head) in strips, rather than as individual units. This way, the follicular units stay intact in their genetic form and individual hair follicles are prevented from getting damaged. Each follicular unit contains one to four hairs, the average being 2.2 hairs per follicular unit.
- Later the follicular units are dissected under microscopes equipped with fiber optics to ensure that the follicles are kept away from the application of heat that could harm the follicles. Then the follicular units are preserved in a special solution at the right temperature until the recipient sites are prepared on the patient’s scalp. Then they are implanted with great care with forceps, onto the bald or thinning areas of the scalp, called the recipient area.
- Up to 3000 grafts can be performed in one convenient visit and at the end of which, a normal front hairline is created leading to restoration of your natural crowning glory. Widely recognized as the safest, reliable and most efficient hair transplant method, it facilitates taking out of more grafts in a single surgical session.
Advantages • It achieves a balanced density that matches your own natural hair growth • It is useful for larger sessions wherein more number of hair is required to be transplanted • Its painless and the entire process gets done in less time
1- 6 Days Post-Op The first few days after the surgery the average patient can expect some mild swelling in the forehead area. This usually begins on day three and is completely dissipated by day six. The patient also develops very small blood clots at the incision sites and these usually flake off in anywhere from five to seven days. Any redness that has lingered after the surgery is usually gone by day seven and the recipient area is slightly pinkish for the next few weeks.
10 - 14 Days Post-Op 10 - 14 days after the surgery the staples are ready to be removed. This process is performed by Aakruthi’s surgeon. Roughly three weeks after your procedure you may begin to experience some shedding of the transplanted hairs. This is completely normal and is to be expected. This occurs due to the temporary dormant phase that all hair grafts go through after any hair restoration procedure.
1 - 3 Months Post-Op Over the next several weeks to few months the average patient can expect to see a few new hair sprouts coming through the surface of the scalp. This new growth period varies from patient to patient, but the average is three months. The new hair may not necessarily grow in evenly but it will all grow in eventually. The new hair will be thin and fine but will thicken over time. During this time the patient may also notice the formation of acne like condition in the recipient area. This is normal and is only some of the new hairs trying to grow through the scalp. Sometimes these can become temporarily trapped under the skin like an ingrown hair but the condition is temporary. This is a positive sign of new growth!
5 - 6 Months Post-Op By the fifth to sixth month after the procedure the patient can expect to see considerable new growth. The new hair will be approximately two to three inches in length and the hair shaft will begin to thicken.
8-10 Months Post-Op Between months eight and ten, the patient will see the most impressive difference since the initial procedure. The hair will be longer and much thicker and the overall appearance will be one of greater density than even a few short months before.
1 Year Post-Op By the time a full year has passed since the procedure the patient will see the final result however improvements may still be seen well over a year out from the surgery. The hair that is now growing will continue to grow for the rest of the patient's life and can be cut and styled in any manner the patient wishes. There is no special regimen required to care for the new hair. Standard shampoos and other hair products are perfectly safe. The patient can treat the new hair as they always have because it is their own hair that has simply been relocated.
RULES TO BE FOLLOWED: • The night of your procedure we encourage you to sleep semi upright at a 30-45 degree angle to reduce blood pressure to the scalp. Your post op medication will assist with sleep and any pain you may experience. • We remove your bandage and check and wash your transplanted area and donor region. • You may resume showering normally with a low temp and pressure applied directly to the scalp after 5 days. • You should avoid alcohol for three days and abstain from smoking if possible. • You should not engage in any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for two weeks after the procedure. END RESULT The newly transplanted hair will begin to grow through after 10-12 weeks. The final growing result is expected after 12 months.
- Hair thinning, known as "shock loss", is a common side effect that is usually temporary. Bald patches are also common, as fifty to a hundred hairs can be lost each day.
- Other side effects include swelling of areas such as the scalp and forehead. If this becomes uncomfortable, medication may ease the swelling. Additionally, the patient must be careful if his scalp starts itching, as scratching will make it worse and cause scabs to form. A moisturizer or massage shampoo may be used in order to relieve the itching.
- Several years after the surgery, more hair loss can occur, with the transplanted patches staying in place. This results in odd patches of hair, unless they are removed, or unless more hair is transplanted.