Talk:LA-2A Leveling Amplifier
|WikiProject Professional sound production||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
I believe that the article contains an error.
The article states "LA-2A has a frequency dependent attack, with an average attack time of 10 milliseconds."
However, I believe that the average attack time is actually 10 *microseconds*, which 1000 times shorter a duration.
- mixonline.com Says this: "The EL panel shines on a cadmium sulfide photoelectric cell that, in turn, controls gain reduction with a lightning-fast attack time of 10 microseconds." So this figure is not an average, whereas the figure in the article is. This is not conclusive. Does anyone have a better way of writing this? Iain (talk) 11:08, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
- Found 1079 manual online and changed article to reflect correct information.Iain (talk) 11:25, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
I did some additional research. The "10 microseconds" is a known typo and it is widely distributed. The correct value is "10 milliseconds", and this value is posted on the UA website. The LA-2A is an optical compressor, and optical compressors have notoriously slow attacks. The fastest available 1 millisecond, which is 100 times slower than the erroneous "10 microsecond" figure for the LA-2A. I'll post some citations when I have some time later. Thanks, Nickel —Preceding unsigned comment added by Ngstevens2 (talk • contribs) 23:03, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on LA-2A Leveling Amplifier. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20061113094825/http://www.uaudio.com/_works/pdf/manuals/LA-2A_manual.pdf to http://www.uaudio.com/_works/pdf/manuals/LA-2A_manual.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.