Talk:List of Ramones concerts
|This page was nominated for deletion on 19 June 2009 (UTC). The result of the discussion was keep.|
|WikiProject Punk music||(Rated List-class, Mid-importance)|
This is my first attempt at creating a new Wiki page, so I apologize in advance for any errors. The original list is found in a book titled "Ramones: An American Band", but is complete only to mid-1992. For the rest of the year, dates are only "tentative". (These "tentative" dates are not included here.) The only changes I've made from that original list are as follows:
- (1) Spelling errors have been corrected.
- (2) In most cases only a city name was listed, so I have also included the country/state/etc.
- (3) Occasional additional information, such as other acts on the bill, have been deleted.
Additional information needed
The original list contained the following items which I have been so far unable to verify/correct:
- In 1981, there is a listing for "Nov-Dec 31". Is this November or December?
- August 1, 1984, gives the location as Rochester. But is that the Rochester in New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Vermont, or New Hampshire?
- The location for May 10, 1989, is given as Perugia Ellera, Italy, but I can find no city of that name.
- The March 18, 1991, location of Melgar would seem to be in Europe, but the only location of that name I could find is in Colombia.
- The August 11, 1991, location is given only as Canada.
- May 28, 1995 show in WI missing needs verification. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:58, 21 April 2015 (UTC)
Monte Melnick's On The Road With The Ramones has the dates thru 1996. You can also find many venues on bootleg lists, concert diaries and thru Google news search. Ijwthstd (talk) 16:38, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
Marked for deletion as unencyclopedic
- If you would refer to the talk page on the main article for the Ramones, you will see I already had a discussion with other Wiki users about the appropriateness of this article. I would not have created this page without others approval and/or support. Elsquared (talk) 16:34, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
- Elsquared is right. This list is verifiable and appropriate as a separate article, and it was discussed before the article was created. I've removed the prod tag, as "unencyclopedic" is not a valid rationale for deletion. RHaworth, if you disagree, take it to AfD. --IllaZilla (talk) 19:06, 18 June 2009 (UTC)
The 1996 dates are from Lollapalooza and are not supported by the reference. I was unsuccessful in finding a reference to support the assumption that they appeared at every show, anyone have anything? J04n(talk page) 00:21, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
This doesn't make any sense: October 19 - Cleveland, Ohio October 20 - Cobo Hall (Detroit, Michigan) October 21 - The Whisky (Los Angeles, California) October 22 - Chicago, Illinois