Talk:List of minor residents of Tatooine
- This page (the first two comments below) was moved from Talk:Oola.
Didn't this character also appear in the novels? Probably "Tales from Jabba's Palace". Rmhermen 05:02 24 Jul 2003 (UTC)
This gets my nomination to be tied for least useful page ever. Why isn't there just a page "minor Star Wars characters" or something like that? Daniel Quinlan 02:23 25 Jul 2003 (UTC)
-Because if there were an article containing all relevant minor Star Wars characters, it would be hundreds and hundreds of pages. firenexx 23:54, 15 September 2006 (UTC)
"In early editions of the novel based on the movie Return of the Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi refers to Owen as his brother, but this is corrected in later printings."
stereotyping and racism
I removed this from the article:
- He is also one of the most prominent examples of stereotyping and racism in Star Wars: Episode I. As a typically anti-Semetic caricature, Watto has bad teeth, a long nose, bulging eyes, and (worst of all), the greedy charicteristic popularised by Christopher Marlowe's Barabas and William Shakespeare's Shylock. His race is the only one in the galaxy where "Hypnotism doesn't work on me...Only money." In addition, he is given a gravally Yiddish accent, and he is, literaly a blue Jew.
I'm not here to express an opinion, but if the above is to go back in, it needs to be cited and/or sourced, ie: to maintain NPOV, the above accusation can only go in if we're reporting on established opinions, otherwise, it makes it sound like Wikipedia is expressing a personal opinion. func(talk) 04:54, 29 May 2005 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure but I think Hutts are asexual. Someone might want to check.
Note to anyone intending on splitting off a section
This page has been processed by N-Bot, which, for browsing convenience, changes links to redirects to lists to links to the relevant list sections: e.g. [[Salacious Crumb]] is changed to [[Minor residents of Tatooine#Crumb, Salacious|Salacious Crumb]].
- Lars, Beru: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, List of changes in Star Wars re-releases, Force Theme, List of major Star Wars deaths
- Lars, Cliegg: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Darth Vader, C-3PO, Watto, Skywalker family, Repulsorlift, Minor residents of Tatooine, List of major Star Wars deaths
- Crumb, Salacious: List of Star Wars characters
- Gardulla the Hutt: Watto, Dates in Star Wars, List of Star Wars characters, Sebolto, List of Star Wars planets (T-V)
- Lars, Owen: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, Darth Vader, Obi-Wan Kenobi, R2-D2, C-3PO, Dates in Star Wars, List of Star Wars races, Anchorhead, Minor residents of Tatooine, Star Wars Gangsta Rap, Phil Brown, Joel Edgerton, Force Theme, Davin Felth, List of major Star Wars deaths
In Episode II, we can see that Owen and Beru must have known both R2-D2 and C3PO, yet in episode IV they don't seem to recognise them.
That section sounds more like a fanfic than real content. The Great Dance...? Hopes of escape upon seeing Luke's hologram...? Sorry, but that sounds a little far-fetched.
- Not at all. Comes from the Tales from Jabba's Palace anthology. --maru (talk) contribs 19:31, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
Should something be added to note that fact that when Jabba pulls her close to him in Return of the Jedi, her breast is exposed?
- I have the book and nowhere does it say that she was forced to be naked for one day. I think that stuff is fanfic. -Quinlanfan2
- If there are not any objections, I am going to erase the naked for one day stuff. I have read that part in the book and it does not happen. Quinlanfan2 23:26, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
- Someone appears to have reinserted it... I'll remove it now unless someone can provide a source...
Yoda921 11:22, 19 March 2007 (UTC)Yoda
I agree, i watched the movie 4 times and never saw her breast pop out. I'm going to also delete it unless someone can take a picture and put it up. Jo Vader
If any think there was once a bunch of pure Fanfic material in here, you should have seen what some guy did to Leia's page! Also, I think Oola's "breast problem" is only in the special edition. Son of Jadoja 01:44, 7 June 2007 (UTC)
Who is Ged Gjenzek? Does this person appear in any film, book, comic book, or other Star Wars material? 18.104.22.168 04:09, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
Lars Owen`s ages
it`s something strange in Lars Owen`s ages(Anakin`s step-brother) Anakin was born at 41 BBY and left tatooin at 32 BBY like 9 years old boy, and back again on toatooine after 10 (like 19 years old) at 22 BBY. On tatooine he first time met his step-brother Lars and Lars`s girlfriend,In Episode I Lars was shown somewhere same ages like Anakin (19-20 years old). But in Lars`s ages are ilogical If we suppose that Shmi was married close after Anakins living Tatooine Thats mean that her second chilled must be, at least, 9 year youngest then Anakin in the fact, at the Owen and Anakin first meeting on Tatooine Owen has to be old max 10 years.
Milen Djokic 7.05.2007
He's her stepson, not her biological son.
I replaced the proposed deletion tag with a merge tag. I propose that any worthwhile content be merged to the List of minor Star Wars characters page and that the rest be deletion. It should be noted that the page will have to be redirected to List of minor Star Wars characters after the merger so that attribution will be preserved in this article's history. -- Kjkolb 00:32, 31 July 2007 (UTC)