Talk:M84 stun grenade
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the M84 stun grenade article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
- "Non-lethal Hand Grenades". pica.army.mil. Retrieved on 24 July 2009.
- "US Army’s Search for an Economical Device for Stun Hand Grenade Training" (PDF). dtic.mil. Retrieved on 24 July 2009. (This one has a lot of good info.)
- "XM84 Stun Grenade". fas.org. Retrieved on 24 July 2009.
- Bonds, Ray; David Miller (2002). The Illustrated Directory of Special Forces, p. 339. Zenith Imprint. ISBN 0760314195. Retrieved on 24 July 2009.
Can I suggest using the full word "decibels" rather than dB, and linking to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decibel#Acoustics rather than the main article about logarithmic units, which is not helpful here. Mat Teja (talk) 09:49, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
The M84 contains 4.5 g of a modfied (hydrofobized, stabilised etc.) micronised Magnalium + Perchlorate flash composition. This type of pyrotechnic mixture (MgAl-Perchlorate flash) does not deflagrate, it does in deed detonate, i.e. the reaction upon ignition does propagate throughout the charge with supersonic speed in a sharp high-pressure front. The reason for the relatively low brisancy (shattering capacity) of the M84 is
i) the small charge (explosive yield slightly above a single standard No.8 blasting cap) and
ii) that the composition, despite being quite exothermic, produces very little gas; almost all reaction products are solids or liquid particles.
The limited concussion is caused primarily by the intense heat impulse, superheating the air gap within the massive perforated steel body of the grenade. This type of pyrotechnic compositions (Mg/Al+Chlorate/Perchlorate/Nitrate flash compositions) are also classified as high explosives (means detonation capable) by the official dangerous goods classification schedules. Cheers,--126.96.36.199 (talk) 23:55, 24 December 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on M84 stun grenade. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110604202318/http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2005smallarms/wednesday/fitzsimmons.pdf to http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2005smallarms/wednesday/fitzsimmons.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.