|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the MDP Wethersfield article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject East Anglia / Essex||(Rated C-class)|
RAF Fighter Command use
Are we sure that 196 and 299 squadrons were assigned to Fighter Command, seems a bit incredible to me. Rob 12:30, 24 October 2006 (UTC) Strange thing, the nuclear weapons storage clutches seem to have been totally demolished in recent years! Anyone know why?
Im reasonably sure this base is now know as MDP Wethersfield (in recognition of its transfer to the MOD Police), not RAF Wethersfield. I loathe to make changes though.
Image copyright problem with Image:Triserv-600.jpg
The image Image:Triserv-600.jpg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
Peace Movement at Wethersfield
On one occasion the annual Aldermaston March (CND) to Trafalgar Square (London) started from Thaxted, passing Wethersfield. Later there was a 24-hour silent (in the manner of Quakers) Peace Vigil outside the USAF base, which was presumed to be a nuclear bomber airfield. The Committee of 100 had proposed to sit on a runway, and two people were imprisoned, although this civil disobedience protest had not happened.
My Mother was at RAF Wethersfield. I have photographs of her at the airfield and a copy of the Christmas 1944 Dinner Menu. Is this of interest? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Martindresch (talk • contribs) 16:16, 31 May 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on MDP Wethersfield. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090130025918/http://home.att.net/~jbaugher/usafserials.html to http://home.att.net/~jbaugher/usafserials.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20050527140234/http://afhra.maxwell.af.mil/wwwroot/rso/wings_groups_pages/0020fw.php to http://afhra.maxwell.af.mil/wwwroot/rso/wings_groups_pages/0020fw.php
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110706220605/http://wgs.cc/416/wethersfield.html to http://wgs.cc/416/wethersfield.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.