|WikiProject UK geography||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Double-murder suicide section
Does anyone else feel that most of the the Tragedy section is misplaced and in poor taste to be covered in so much detail in this article and that this information and any further information added about this subject should really be in another article should anyone need to read more about it? ~~ Peteb16 (talk) 20:16, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
- The event is not notable by itself (WP:NOTNEWS). It should be mentioned briefly, i.e. with all non-essential information cut out. GregorB (talk) 14:53, 16 January 2010 (UTC)
- There is indeed far too much weight given to the incident in the article as it stands. The usual remedy is simply to expand the article to redress the balance, by talking about the village's entire history. However, even then I still think it would be inappropriate: the section concerns an incident which occurred in Maesbrook but has little bearing on the place beyond that fact and the obvious stuff like the shock it will have caused etc. This was a private rather than public event like e.g. the Hungerford shooting, so should be spun off into its own article with a link from here if it is thought worthy of inclusion in Wikipedia, which I suspect it probably isn't. Old Man of Storr (talk) 07:46, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Maesbrook. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090423105856/http://www.hfstephens-museum.org.uk/colonel-stephens-railways/shropshire-and-montgomeryshire.html to http://www.hfstephens-museum.org.uk/colonel-stephens-railways/shropshire-and-montgomeryshire.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.