Talk:Main Street Electrical Parade
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Main Street Electrical Parade article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This is not a forum for general discussion about Main Street Electrical Parade. Any such comments may be removed or refactored. Please limit discussion to improvement of this article. You may wish to ask factual questions about Main Street Electrical Parade at the Reference desk, discuss relevant Wikipedia policy at the Village pump, or ask for help at the Help desk.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Why no photos of parade elements?
I have photos of several of the parade elements. I've been searching here and on Commons for other photos of them and am not finding *any*, which makes me wonder--why not? Is there some reason that those photos aren't legal to use on WP? If there's no reason, I can scan mine in and add them. Elf | Talk 04:30, 22 September 2012 (UTC)
- From the article's lead section:
- The parade is notable for its electronic musical soundtrack, all set to a 1960s tune called "Baroque Hoedown," and its use of a vocoder effect during the introductory and closing announcements. 2600:100E:B144:E6F7:7958:29DC:5B39:301F (talk) 01:05, 31 December 2015 (UTC)
I think I misunderstood the original poster's question. I thought he/she was asking if Dubstep is the name of the song played during the Main Street Electrical Parade. I had no clue what Dubstep was, yet I saw the article's lead section say that the title of the song is Baroque Hoedown. I just looked at the article on Dubstep--curious as to what the heck that is. When I read that it's actually a music genre, I realized my response was not helpful. But in response to the original question: This parade and the accompanying music has been in existence since the 1970s, and the article on Dubstep says that particular genre started in 1998. SInce dubstep was not in existence back decades earlier when Baroque Hoedown was composed, the answer is: No, this is not Dubstep. The Main Street Electrical Parade article states that the genre for Baroque Hoedown, the music in the parade, would fit under Electronic Music. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:16, 31 December 2015 (UTC)
At the risk of being considered extremely picky, I'd still like to know: in the infobox, why does the information under Disney's California Adventure not line up perfectly with the information for the parks directly above it? The "code" on the editing page looks exactly the same for this portion of the infobox as for the portions above. Rontrigger (talk) 01:47, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
@2600:1012:b06a:248a:a0aa:8e5f:25c3:7bcd: as the notice on your talk page says, "material must be verifiable". We have no way to verify that you "know people who work at Disneyland and they told me and they all know that Disney's Electrical Parade starts January 20th 2017. It's going to happen. No doubt about it." As such, it does not belong on here. If, however, you can provide a reliable source stating that is when the parade will start, then it might be able to stay. Otherwise, it has no business on here until a reliable source is found. If you fail to comply with this, I will be forced to report this to the administrators on Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Edit warring, who may or may not block you. Elisfkc (talk) 22:38, 21 November 2016 (UTC)
please add this as Disney has made no acknowledgement on the Parades future other than it is going to an warehouse offsite warehouse near disneyland
, Disney has made no acknowledgement to the parade's future. On August 26, 2017, it was reported by Disneyland management that the parade would be heading to an offsite warehouse near Disneyland. With still no word on its future, some are suggesting that the parade will just be taking a hiatus and will most likely return in the future, At D23 Expo 2017 Bob chapek said that Disney had to keep something a suprise when the Casey Jr drum float was shown on the screen and some people believe that an announcement on the parades future is soon to come Pepper Gaming (talk) 09:22, 1 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Pepper Gaming: No, because that falls under WP:Rumor. Also, if you want someone to do something on Wikipedia, contact them on their talk page, not on another website. --Elisfkc (talk) 16:37, 1 September 2017 (UTC)
- So, why should we acknowledge that they haven't acknowledged anything? --Elisfkc (talk) 21:37, 6 September 2017 (UTC)
Disney has made no acknowledgement for the future.
On August 26th 2017 a former castmember at Disneyland confirmed that the parade would be moving to an offsite warehouse near disneyland. So far nothing else has been confirmed by disney leaving some suggesting that the parade may return in the future.
At D23 Expo 2017 Bob Chapek said that Disney had to keep something a surprise  the Casey Jr drum float was shown on the screen and some people believe that an announcement on the parades future is soon to come.
- @Pepper Gaming: Once again, no, we are not adding this due to WP:Rumor. Also, DO NOT delete a talk page section, edit or delete anyone else's comments. This is a vital part of wikipedia's process, and failure to follow these rules may lead to be blocked. Elisfkc (talk) 17:18, 1 September 2017 (UTC)
@Elisfkc but can you add the part about Bob Chapek saying that they were keeping something surprise and disney has made acknowledgement on it's future — Preceding unsigned comment added by Pepper Gaming (talk • contribs) 17:28, September 1, 2017 (UTC)
@Elisfkc: ok thanks for explainig why you kept removing it before. BTW do you hope the parade is going to continue running and if yes where would you like to see it run at you can choose between Disneyland in California or Walt Disney World in Florida
- @Pepper Gaming: Though this page is "not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject", I'll say that I hope to see it again in Florida. Elisfkc (talk) 17:59, 1 September 2017 (UTC)
- @Pepper Gaming: This is straying a bit off topic, but I do have fond memories of going with my parents in September 1996 to see the parade one last time before it "glowed away forever" (I still have my commemorative button somewhere), and if that experience taught me anything, it's that you should never count the MSEP out entirely. That said, any mention here of yet another encore presentation should wait until something official is announced. --Ahecht (TALK
PAGE) 18:04, 1 September 2017 (UTC)
@Elifkc @Ahecht i agree but with that being said i have a feeling it will possibly return because if you look at what Disney did in 1996 compared to what they did this year it wasn't as big a thing this year compared to 1996 as in 1996 there were adverts all over the Disneyland Resort saying that it would glow away forever then this year Disney left us with nothing and it wasn't much of a "goodbye forever" but anyway nothing else has been confirmed by Disney so let's wait until something is annouced (i'm saying the latest would be january but this is just my guess) anyway i'm going to prepare for a discussion livestream on the parade and what i would like to see for it's future. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Pepper Gaming (talk • contribs) 18:53, September 1, 2017 (UTC)
- https://twitter.com/KristeBeck/status/901448379590361088. Missing or empty
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv_0T-E5jk0&t=2239s. Missing or empty