|WikiProject Primates||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
"They lack wisdom teeth." This sounds funny, as marmosets are platyrrhines, and platyrrhines have a dental formula of 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124. Is any animal other than a catarrhine said to have wisdom teeth? -phma 15:14, 27 Jun 2004 (UTC)
- Wisdom teeth in humans are the third set of molars. However, it is not the dental pattern that gives them their name, but the fact that they arrive later in life than the other adult molars. (See the article for more details.) If this late arrival of the (final) set of molars occurs in other species, it would be that set that is deemed to be wisdom teeth. If all the adult teeth arrive at about the same time, then the species does not have wisdom teeth. - UtherSRG 01:53, 28 Jun 2004 (UTC)
- Perhaps this site would help clear up the issue (see the section on Reproductive Biology). 126.96.36.199 01:32, 13 November 2006 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Marmoset. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20051211200906/http://anthro.palomar.edu/primate/prim_5.htm to http://anthro.palomar.edu/primate/prim_5.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.