Talk:Microsoft Broadband Networking
|WikiProject Microsoft||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Computing / Networking / Hardware||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Needs beefing up
- ...discontinued in 2004 for unknown reasons.
Well presumably someone at Microsoft knew their reason? :-) The usual one would be that profits were not high enough. Will try to add sources and info from them. W Nowicki (talk) 21:32, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
I found an interview with Todd Greenberg. He was the lead product manager for MBN. http://www.activewin.com/interviews/microsoft/34.shtml Cfj2222 (talk) 22:26, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
I'll see what I can dig up too. I appreciate the help. It helps to have the perspective of someone else on something like this! I was kind of shocked when I went to Wikipedia and Microsoft's WiFi routers were nowhere to be seen! I was going to add box art from the base stations, but I was too uncomfortable dealing with the copyright issues involved. Cfj2222 (talk) 22:17, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
- Not sure that will fly with a fair use justification. You do not have a box to take a picture of? The line seemed to only exist for a couple years, but did get press coverage and seemed to have some some for a while. W Nowicki (talk) 23:47, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
- There were actually two box art designs. One was mostly white for the 802.11b devices and one was mostly orange for the 802.11g devices. I don't own the boxes to either of these, unfortunately. I wonder if someone can find a couple somewhere and upload some images? Cfj2222 (talk) 19:26, 29 June 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Microsoft Broadband Networking. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/broadbandnetworking/default.aspx
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.