|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Start-class)|
Semi-disappearance; Unverified claims about personal life
I'm quite interested in the fact that Evans basically disappeared after doing Robin Hood in 1973. There's no mention in the article -- or anywhere that I could find -- of retirement or a desire to recede from public life. Although I did manage to find this video in which Carole Shelley, her multiple-time co-star and once closest friend, says that the last time they were in touch was in 1980. Again, no mention of why she became so private. I mean, I suppose she's not that notable, but still, it strikes me as atypical for there to be so little information out there. There's not even any discussion among fans of Robin Hood, etc., of where she went.
And yet, in this article, there are several unverified claims about her personal life of a more recent nature, including:
- Evans married radio DJ Dave Cash in 2011.
- Her brother-in-law is Charles Hayward, the drummer for This Heat.
I have no idea where anybody got this supposed information. Furthermore, on the page for Dave Cash, it says he was married to a Sara Davies in 2011, who was apparently born in 1957. Incidentally, I found this YouTube video of Sara Davies -- who plays 'Emily Email' on Dave's show. Obviously, too young to be Evans, and she would have had to change her name, etc. I'm starting to feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.
Here's one possible explanation of all this:
- This information was added by people who directly know her, without citations.
- The Dave Cash in question is not the radio DJ, but some unknown Dave Cash.
- Somebody, or Wikipedia, accidentally/automatically pointed the "Dave Cash" link to the DJ's page.
- A subsequent editor, having only briefly looked over the disc jockey's article, not knowing the link was an accident, decided to make Evans' article more precise and added that the Dave Cash she is married to is the DJ (even though it isn't).
Of course another possibility is that there are sources for these claims somewhere. I haven't done very thorough research, but it's certainly not obvious, and again, the Dave Cash thing seems to be factually false as is, so should be removed or clarified.
I'm not so sure she is even still alive, but if she is, she is now the youngest-living actress from the 1970 Disney movie The AristoCats following the death of Gary Dubin on October 8, 2016.131.91.4.33 (talk) 23:52, 14 October 2016 (UTC)