|WikiProject Statistics||(Rated Start-class)|
what is p
What is p? Is it the dimension of ? Albmont 20:07, 6 March 2007 (UTC)
Added a comment to effect that p is the dimension Shaww 09:54, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
The bivariate student distribution density function with zero correlation is presented as
But this does not normalize nicely to 1.
for any n. Only for high n it seems to go to 1.
Where is the (my) mistake?
- A rough numerical integration with Matlab seem₫s to give an ok normalization to one:
>> p = inline('(1+(x^2+y^2)/n)^( -(n+2)/2 )/(2*pi)') >> s=0; n=2; for x=-20:0.1:20, for y=-20:0.1:20, s=s+p(n,x,y);end,end,s
- I don't think you should delete; errors are good when we learn from them. Now, do the homework: prove analytically that the integral is one: replace and see what happens :-) Albmont (talk) 13:50, 1 February 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Multivariate t-distribution. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive http://web.archive.org/web/20061202010900/http://www.mth.kcl.ac.uk:80/~shaww/web_page/papers/MultiStudentc.pdf to http://www.mth.kcl.ac.uk/~shaww/web_page/papers/MultiStudentc.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.