Talk:Parasite Eve (series)
And about the movie
I don't know if i can create a page for the live movie. 18:08, 23 October 2006 (UTC)Koko90en
Is there any point to this section? There is no evidence that this is an in joke from the programmers, and the term "eau de toilette" is a recognised term for perfume (it doesn't literally mean toilet water). If no one objects I will remove it --Crais459 13:26, 23 March 2006 (UTC)
WILL THERE BE A THIRD INSTALMENT OF PARASITES EVE?
If IGN gets a million signatures, apparently, yes. I'm looking forward to seeing what Mitochondrea Eve 3 is like!
Shouldn't there be three different pages OR three different articles?
I mean, this seems to concentrate on the game as it's main being, there should be three seperate articles talking about the novel, game and book, and I'm making Parasite Eve II it's own article.
- There should only be other articles if there is material for them. If nothing was written (or is intended to be), nothing can be split from here.
I didn't play the first game but PEII was awesome, I'd love to see a 3rd installment.
Parasite Eve rocked, PE2 was kinda boring but I'd love to see a third game. The ability to customize weapon in the first game was great.
Regarding speculation on "Eau de toilette" in the "smell" section of PE2 - this is perfume. That is what "Eau de toilette" is - not toilet water - but perfume. Isn't the point of the item that she is putting on perfume? Not actual toilet water.
It appears to have been removed, but I'll comment on it anyway. Yes, that format is what we've come to expect from perfume names. But in literal French, that's exactly what it means: "water of the toilet."
Two paragraphs under the section title Book seem to have been more or less copied and pasted from the publisher's description . It even includes the description of the author at the end. Could somebody who's actually familiar with the book (ie: not me) rewrite this section? TheIncredibleEdibleOompaLoompa 02:35, 27 May 2006 (UTC)
- Since nobody rewrote this section or even responded, I've cut it down to a sentence or so and provided a link to the publisher. TheIncredibleEdibleOompaLoompa 04:39, 9 June 2006 (UTC)
Big White Space?
I see a pretty big blank white space, between the Parasite Eve and Parasite Eve 2 sections. I wasn't sure how to fix it. Perhaps someone else can.
RobJ1981 13:28, 23 June 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry about my inadvertant vandalism; I was trying to correct that blank space and messed up. I think someone else fixed my screwup; many thanks to them! DarkMasterBob 21:02, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
- Not to worry, you saved me from my own fumble. :) Thanks again. DarkMasterBob 21:07, 25 June 2006 (UTC)
Since this article has been recently flagged, I'm hoping more people will come along to help. Now, I have a list of things I think could really help this article (mainly regarding the game), and I'll do a lot of them as soon as I get the game.
- Cut down the plot section a little for the first game or expand upon the Parasite Eve II plot; keep things consistent and have them mirror each other.
- Give more information on Parasite Eve II. We have the bare bones of the plot there, next to nothing on gameplay, heck there's only one character mentioned.
- Add citations. Since these games do seem pretty unpopular, especially the second one, it may be hard to get official sources, so use in-game quotes like many video game articles do (Final Fantasy VIII for example) for references if you have to. Seriously, though, this article has a total of one citation.
- Get to the point where we can divide the book and movie away from the game. I really think it should be done now, based on the fact that this page, and most of the pages related to Parasite such as the character pages, are basically dominated by information on the game.
Whew, I think that's it. Also, be sure to sign your edits, everyone. Use four of these handy little things ~ to sign. --Trance 05:23, 11 August 2006 (UTC)
- I added some links to the minor character page. -22.214.171.124 16:52, 3 September 2006 (UTC)
Removed spoiler tag
I think spoiler tags are good for wikipedia, as sometimes I do not wish to know the plot. However, I think they are way overused, especially if plot information is contained under a line thing that says "Plot" or "Story", than it is unnecessary, -126.96.36.199 10:20, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
I've tried to clean up that section and remove what is largely hinged on rumours (namely the addition of features in the installment of the game, etc.) that seem to be unverifiable by an official Square source and only seem viable on various fan discussion boards and were essentially causing unneeded subsection bloat to the video game section.
I've left a paragraph there, cleaning up numerous typos along the way and trying to phrase sentences in a manner that makes some sense.
If concrete info ever surfaces regarding the game, enough of it will likely warrant the creation of its own article but for the time being, let's try to keep what is largely attributed to fan speculation and rumours off the article here in order to avoid confusion and keep as clear a factual representation as possible. --188.8.131.52 08:03, 27 December 2006 (UTC)
A new game in the PE series has been announced for cellphones, although that is all that is known at this time.(http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155390)Sfanatic 18:39, 12 May 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Parasite Eve film poster.jpg
Image:Parasite Eve film poster.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.