Talk:Rabbinical Council of America
|WikiProject Judaism||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Sizes of Chabad vs. the RCA
I've reverted Truthaboutchabad's comments, since I think we need to differenciate between the RCA, which is a group of Rabbis, and Chabad religious and social services, which are for the laity. Does Chabad have an internal group of Rabbonim that might be comparable to the RCA? Mikeage 09:25, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Yes, nearly all chabad rabbis have synagogues, and they are all together under a central organization call Merkos L'Enyonei Chinuch. Thousands of them come to their annual convention, and they all gather together to make international programs and campaigns.--Truthaboutchabad 11:06, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Very well, I was familiar with the periodic gatherings, I was just trying to clarify if we're talking organizations of Rabbonim per se, or just organizations of people. I'll add back your change. Mikeage 11:47, 1 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Sources are needed
What about their recent activities?
Any Modern Orthodox Jews here? Someone might want to write about the recent activities and positions of the RCA.
- RCA Solidarity Mission to Israel Expresses View of "Tohar Haneshek" in light of the Unprecedented Realities of Recent War with Hezbollah
- Rabbinical Council of America Members Begin Solidarity Mission to Israel This Week
- Statement Regarding Israel and the War on Terror against Hezbollah, Hamas
- Statement Regarding Agreement with Chief Rabbinate on Recognition in Israel of RCA Conversions
- RCA Reaffirms its Commitment to Preventing Agunah Tragedies: Convention resolution insists that no member Rabbi officiate at a wedding unless a proper prenuptial agreement on get has been executed.
The article claims that "most of the rabbis are modern orthodox" however no citation is provided for this claim.
The opposite might be true: most rabbis now are probably of the center-right. Orthodoxy has been moving rightwards in the recent decades. Many which consider themselves "modern orthodox" would not agree with the RCA being representative of that worldview.
Please add articles or citations that shed light on the modern orthodoxy of the RCA.