- The following discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section. A summary of the conclusions reached follows.
- Articles merged. WTF? (talk) 00:35, 18 July 2012 (UTC)
Spiridon Kopicl is just a character from the movie Davitelj protiv davitelja, not even the main one. I don't see why is he so notable to have an article about him. Or, should we write articles about every character from every movie? Vanjagenije (talk) 16:21, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
Article creator response
Spridon Kopicl IS the main character, he is the second strangler, beside Perica who is the first, that is why the movie is called Strangler vs. Strangler. This fictional character is also notable as the imaginary frontman of the imaginary rock band VIS Simboli whose hit "Beogradski Davitelj" became a very popular song, even though never officially released. I believe that the merger proposer should watch the movie once again to see my point. And no, we should not create articles for every character of every movie, but we should create for the notable and famous ones... Milosppf
I concur with merging. Why having dozen of short articles when we can an A-class article. -- Bojan Talk 09:46, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
- Merge. This character isn't notable enough. Andrzejbanas (talk) 15:29, 22 July 2010 (UTC)
- The above discussion is closed. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section.
- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
No consensus to move. Vegaswikian (talk) 02:28, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
Strangler vs. Strangler → Davitelj protiv davitelja — IMDb calls this move "Davitelj protiv davitelja". There's no evidence that the official English name of the movie is "Strangler vs. Strangler". The editor translated the name without any reference and moved the page, but that is WP:OR (No original research!) and should not be used. Vanjagenije (talk) 10:26, 28 May 2010 (UTC)
- The current title is listed at IMDb here but without citation or further info. — AjaxSmack 16:20, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose, English title should remain. The film was shown at the 1985 Chicago International Film Festival where it was billed as Strangler vs. Strangler. The translation to English was not original research, Strangler vs. Strangler is "the title more commonly recognized by English readers" (per WP:NCF) and is also "the version of the name of the subject which is most common in the English language" (per WP:EN). This and this GNews archive searches show the film being referred to by its English name in reliable publications such as Chicago Tribune and San Jose Mercury News. This film review by The New York Times also lists Strangler vs. Strangler as the English title (listed in the review as "alternate title"). There are sufficient reliable sources to prove the film's English title is Strangler vs. Strangler, making it an appropriate title for an English Wikipedia article. Big Bird (talk • contribs) 14:37, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.