Proposals for article
This page needs to be turned into a disambiguation page, to differentiate between the common use for taxpayer (a person who pays taxes) and the structure referred to as a taxpayer (a 2-3 story building, usually built as part of a row in a city, that has a store on the lower level and a residence on the upper level(s) that is often occupied by the shopkeeper.)--catseyes 02:39, 14 April 2007 (UTC)
- No-one seems to have found the above proposal appropriate. Instead I propose that it should be either:
- There are several incoming links, so I do not think deletion is appropriate. - Fayenatic (talk) 21:04, 1 April 2009 (UTC)
- This article does not require turning into a disambiguation page, to differentiate between the common use for taxpayer (a person who ::pays taxes) or a company and the obscure (nationally specific?) structure referred to as a taxpayer as disambiguation pages are used ::mostly for long lists of items rather than for where there is a common usage and one obscure usage.
- "(a 2-3 story building, usually built as part of a row in a city, that has a store on the lower level and a residence on the upper ::level(s) that is often occupied by the shopkeeper.)".
- This is best addressed by including the differentiation point above, in the article and / or creating a link to a new article ::"Taxpayer (Building)"
- The alleged building-type is so obscure that I do not think it needs to be included in Wikipedia. I can't find any references to it in the encyclopedia or on the web.
- Although I have just added "see also" links to other relevant articles that begin with "taxpayer", this still does not justify a disambiguation page, as none of the targets would be intended by the single word "taxpayer".
- Therefore I think the page should be redirected to "tax".
- This was undone by Theo Pardilla stating "as per talk page" but the above discussion does not explain why a one-line definition is better than a redirect. Wikipedia is not a dictionary. - Fayenatic (talk) 17:43, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
- I added a page on taxpayers as firefighters and urban planners think of them at Taxpayer_(building). Started this article a while ago but just remembered I had it saved! NGC1976 (talk) 18:26, 22 April 2015 (UTC)
Taxpayer buildings can be found on the 'net and I think it would be good to include them: http://www.oldhouseweb.com/blog/taxpayer-buildings/ http://www.firehouse.com/forums/t103348/ — Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 15:14, 16 April 2013 (UTC)