Talk:The Dapper Dans
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the The Dapper Dans article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This is not a forum for general discussion about The Dapper Dans. Any such comments may be removed or refactored. Please limit discussion to improvement of this article. You may wish to ask factual questions about The Dapper Dans at the Reference desk, discuss relevant Wikipedia policy at the Village pump, or ask for help at the Help desk.|
|WikiProject Amusement Parks / Walt Disney Parks and Resorts||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
18.104.22.168, please familiarize yourself with the "Show Preview" button.
The Dan in green is not Tim Reeder.
- I altered the caption of the current photo to reflect the correct name of the tenor pictured, as well as the date of the photo, which previously was roughly nine years off. Information taken from a Dapper Dans tribute site here: http://www.harmonize.com/dapperdans/photogallerys/dd_90s/90s_set.htm
Anti-Dan info edit war.
An Article about the Dapper Dans should focus on the history and achievements of the group and their evolution in various parks. There were many Dapper Dans before the 06-07 cast at Disneyland, and there will be many Dapper Dans after them.
Film and Television Apperances
Should we really list their television appearances? Still, we should clean it up from what it looks like now. SportsFan411 15:29, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
- I expanded "references in popular culture" to "Film and Television Apperances". As it is now, there are a good deal of them left out. As far as the look goes, which edit are you referring to? It's difficult to tell with 22.214.171.124's changes. --Joemorf 20:39, 4 February 2007 (UTC)
The History section of this article needs help. I submit that deleting the section, (rather than fleshing it out and citing sources) is not the answer. The two main sources of history are the Documentary about Fred Frank (original member) which can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49twbyyuHco and the detailed history at the Dapper Dan website, found here: http://www.harmonize.com/dapperdans/
In the edit of May 11, 2012 by Esrever the reason given for removal of the names of various Dapper Dans was "rmv "History"; WP isn't a place to catalogue non-notable people who were one-time members of the group". However, the edit shows that Esrever left a great many non-notable Dapper Dans on the page (e.g. subs for 2 years or less) and removed the founding members of the quartet, and the lineup that existed almost uninterrupted from the late 80's until 2006, who are by any reasonable metric notable Dapper Dans. What's the happy medium here?
- I left what appeared to be current members of the group in the list, since that at least seems like encyclopedic information. Cataloguing old members of the group doesn't strike me as encyclopedic, especially because none of the people would merit a WP article on their own. A full history of the group's membership belongs on an outside website, not Wikipedia. Esrever (klaT) 21:49, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
- I'm also going to delete the names of the various group members who made media appearances. The group itself is notable; the names of the gentlemen who made one brief appearance in one episode of a TV show in the 1960s are not. Esrever (klaT) 21:51, 12 May 2012 (UTC)
- Surely at least the founding members are notable, perhaps moreso than the current lineup? Powers T 00:52, 15 May 2012 (UTC)