Talk:The Singles Collection (Britney Spears album)
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the The Singles Collection (Britney Spears album) article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|The Singles Collection (Britney Spears album) has been listed as one of the Music good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.|
|Current status: Good article|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Is it really necessary
To put to the album each song was originally released in the tracklisting? I believe it should be taken out and replaced with a column with more relevant information, such as the producers for each song. Xwomanizerx (talk) 23:18, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
- Many Greatest Hits albums have this, and it really should be keep. ---Shadow (talk) 04:04, 7 October 2009 (UTC)
- I think it's not needed as it says all the albums and singles at the very bottom of the page. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 16:30, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, it is not the normal CD version, so it should be included. --Shadow (talk) 16:56, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
We should create an article about the DVD!
We should create an article about the DVD included on this collection, with the tracklist, and the directors of each music video. Well, is just a thought, but i think that could be cool. We could have both tracklist, all the videos with its respective director. Think about it ;) Fortunato luigi (talk) 03:27, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
- Totally agree! Madonna has an article for Celebration:_The_Video_Collection, which is being released along Celebration. --PlatinumFire 16:54, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
Underneath the standard tracklisting there are 3 collapsed tracklistings. The first and last and in blue boxes neat and tidy, the one in the middle is all over the place, I don't know how to do it but could someone make the one in the middle the same as the other 2 thanks! Jayy008 (talk) 20:14, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
Japan bonus track version
There is another version of TSC in Japan  ca someone please add it to the track listing, i dont jnow how that tracklisting things on the page work--Apeaboutsims (talk) 02:35, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
It wuld be good also if the diffetent covers were added. Mine is totally purple (europe and uk edition), I believe in Japan or UK, the cd version is white and gold. Johnnyboytoy (talk) 17:06, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
Recording period of The Singles Collection-User: Xwomanizerx
The mirror.co.uk clearly does state that she was in Sweden during the European leg of her tour. During July 12-18, she was Scandinavia and better yet Sweden most of the time. She wasn't in Sweden from July 16-17 for a performance in Finland. On July 18, plenty of news media sighted her in Sweden, an evening she worked with Max Martin. She left Sweden on the 19th to Russia. Between July 19 and September 29, 1999 there were no trips to Stockholm by her. As for the source relating to her earliest recordings, it does state that recording for the album began after signing with Jive Records on August 4. The Boxset edition does include "From the Bottom of My Broken Heart", a track recorded and composed in August 1997 during early sessions with Eric Foster White. In fact most of the tracks on the ...Baby One More Time album were recorded in 1997, with the exception of Cheiron productions and the Beat Goes On. You removing that and not providing a source for it doesn't make sense. The link I provided is very much accessible and it isn't their is nothing that states in verifiability to provide as of access to all users. That is what this exists for: WP:PAYWALL. From what I can tell, there are no other new recordings on The Singles Collection, so the last recording date was July 18. I didn't give an exact date, so you have no basis to remove a sourced edit. If I had done so myself, that could be considered vandalism. Let's keep it the way it was earlier on, as you seem to be the only user who removes the dates: August 1997-July 2009.Carmaker1 (talk) 03:32, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
The Singles Collection worldwide sales should be written here, although there is no official source saying worldwide sales, it should be written that it has sold over 500,000 copies worldwide...--GenieOFbritney (talk) 17:45, 19 April 2010 (UTC)
- There are sources, but none of them are official, but if you go to Chart Forums and Album estimations webs you will see that it sold over 500k...--GenieOFbritney (talk) 22:03, 19 April 2010 (UTC)
- According to Sony BMG France, it sold 855,000 copies worldwide...
http://britneynewsnow.blogspot.com/2010/05/sales-figures-of-singles-collection.html http://www.heybritney.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1272997692&archive=&start_from=&ucat=4 http://britneynow.com/noticias/geral/qthe-singles-collectionq-em-numeros I don't know if it is real...but we should look for a source telling WW sales... —Preceding unsigned comment added by GenieOFbritney (talk • contribs) 16:37, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- It's not reliable. Xwomanizerx (talk) 16:51, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- How much do you think it sold?? —Preceding unsigned comment added by GenieOFbritney (talk • contribs) 18:01, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- I have no idea. If we get an actual source we can add it, but at the moment there IS nothing on Sony BMG France's website. It's probably some made up rumour in a forum that someone tried to pass it as official, but no one bothered to check the real source. Xwomanizerx (talk) 18:07, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
- It's not reliable. Xwomanizerx (talk) 16:51, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
There formats section should be expanded to at least include the fact that the album was released in 3 different colors, each representing a different version. So far I have no idea which ones were sold where. UndDerMarlena (talk) 09:42, 28 June 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on The Singles Collection (Britney Spears album). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.