Talk:The Toxic Avenger (film)
|WikiProject Film||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Horror||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Is there a reason this article was edited to remove mention of the Blue Barn's production of Toxic Avenger: The Musical, which was an officially sanctioned production, so that the only stage adaptation mentioned was an unofficial production? I am reverting.
The "first super hero from New Jersey" is way off; that award goes to Batman, as Gotham is located in New Jersey.
- the reason this "fact" was in there is because this is what is said by Troma (and in the movie I believe). I think it should be included but it will be made clear that this is only a claim from the movies. I will be trying to clean up this article a good deal, and hopefully adding pages for other Troma movies. --AsSubtleAsABrick 21:44, 24 July 2006
- DC's Gotham City is rather ambiguous on what state it's located in, but it has been hinted to be in New York. Whereas Tromaville is definately stated as being in New Jersey. Thus Toxie is indeed the "First Super Hero from New Jersey".
I just added this today by memory. If the order of events are wrong feel free to change it. --AsSubtleAsABrick 14:49, 24 July 2006
I could not find any references for the name of the next possible toxic avenger movie anywhere else besides here. Also, could not find any real references to the fact that the movie was banned in Ontario. If you find one, feel free to add it and reference it. --AsSubtleAsABrick 08:50, 3 August 2006
I added a little information regarding the short-lived Marvel comic book from the early 90s. I read these books when they were published, and they were pretty funny, but unfortunately I sold my copies long ago. Ljacone 15:32, 11 October 2006 (UTC)
- I recently have had the chance to re-read these comics, and have added some additional details and information regarding them. Fun little "monster hero" series. Ljacone (talk) 17:20, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
Melvin Ferd / Melvin Junko
A huge number of (non-Wikipedia related) sites, including the IMDB, list Melvin's full name as "Melvin Junko". However, the official Toxic Avenger website (www.toxicavenger.com) lists Melvin's full name as "Melvin Ferd". Who is right? 184.108.40.206 09:01, 24 October 2006 (UTC)
- In "The Toxic Avenger IV", near the end of the movie, there's a sign on the door of the hospital that reads "Mrs. Junko". I'd go with that. --220.127.116.11 18:14, 9 November 2006 (UTC)
- In the first movie, his name is 'Ferd', but for the second film, they needed to make Toxie's dad Japanese (or at least make it appear that his dad was Japanese, if you've seen the film), so they gave him the more Japanese-sounding surname 'Junko'. Skibz777 02:18, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
For some reason, the cast box is in the external links section when you view the page. However, in the raw page text the cast table is under the correct "cast" section. WTF? TimD 20:19, 29 May 2007 (UTC)
The first sentence wasn't actually a sentence. I fixed it.
Fair use rationale for Image:Toxicavengeronesheet.jpg
Image:Toxicavengeronesheet.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
Fixing the Plot
The original plot that was put before had events that were misplaced and sometimes missing, I have re-arranged how it was in the film... —Preceding unsigned comment added by BigJohnnyCool (talk • contribs) 07:10, 7 July 2010 (UTC)