Name of the plugin
I understand the desire to have a separate article for the company and for the plugin, but do they have different names? While Wikipedia has an article for Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer, I do not see that phrase anywhere on the Foxmarks website. What justification is there for calling it that, especially with capital letters? If there is no formal justification, I say the other article should be merged back into this one. — Epastore (talk) 03:02, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
Foxmarks has been formally released. If I wasn't so lazy i would change it myself, but I have a real life today. Just bringing attention to anyone who cares... —Preceding unsigned comment added by Black2sday (talk • contribs) 15:29, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
Foxmarks is becoming Xmarks
Xmarks & Performance Issues
How do we put in the article that Xmarks has major & has always had major performance issues? Or should I say non-performance issues? Mitch Kapor made out by selling a product that was a great idea with horrendous performance. But how do we include that as a significant fundamental issue for this software product? Stevenmitchell (talk) 16:17, 5 April 2012 (UTC)
Xmarks blocked in India
I was looking for a more recent update on this story. Having read the court order that supposedly led led to this block, it is far from clear (and certainly nothing explicit) that would explain why Xmarks was targeted. There seems to be no recent article on this story, so it is not clear if Xmarks continues to be blocked and (regardless) whether there is any further clarification on why it was blocked in the first place. Since I am not in India, I cannot check if the domain is currently blocked. Can anyone else shed light on this episode?
Enquire (talk) 06:32, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
- Pahwa, Nikhil (2012-05-11), DailyMotion Blocked In India On RCOM; Airtel & RCOM Block Bookmarking Site Xmarks, MediaNama, retrieved 2012-09-02,
And it gets bizarre...
- Sushubh, Mittal (2012-05-17), Now airtel broadband is blocking a bunch of file sharing and regular websites, techwhack, retrieved 2012-09-02,
(see court order pdf on this page)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Xmarks Sync. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120814233140/http://techwhack.com/airtel-broadband-blocking-bunch-file-sharing-regular-websites-3136/ to http://techwhack.com/airtel-broadband-blocking-bunch-file-sharing-regular-websites-3136/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.