|WikiProject India / Tamil Nadu||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
How can we help in cleaning up the page? Like, is there any section which is not relevent in the article or are there any other specific issue? --bkris 20:30, 13 January 2006 (UTC)
- Here are the major points I see:
- The information needs to be better organized: for example, an important statement such as "The town itself gets its name from the lake - "Yeri (lake)" + "Kaadu (forest)" should be in the introduction rather than buried in a subsection.
- There are many improperly capitalized words, such as "Coffee Plantations" and "Orange Groves."
- Obscure phrases such as "Ooty of the poor" need their significance explained; I'm also unsure what "the then Collector" means in context.
- Many statements appear to be of little if any factual value because they are based on personal observations or inadequately summarize other resources: "The island is home to a couple of deers and peacocks," and "surrounded by greenery all around."
- The "Places of interest" section should be bulleted, and the names in plain text rather than bold.
- An overall copyedit needs to be done for proper punctuation.
- Fix these problems and you're off to a very good start. Postdlf 23:19, 17 January 2006 (UTC)
Thanks for the suggestions Postdlf
--bkris 16:04, 18 January 2006 (UTC)
Travel guide material
I removed a large amount of content from the article that I felt was not encyclopedic in nature, but more like a travel guide, per WP:NOTTRAVEL. For reference, here is a link to the old version, in case anything can be reincorporated in a manner more fitting for an encyclopedia article, or be used to add to the relevant WikiTravel page. Dancter (talk) 17:40, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
This article has been tagged for copy editing, and as a member of the Guild of Copy Editors, I have attempted a cleanup. However, there are many confusing points on which I cannot proceed without clarification:
- Did the British discover the land and start the town or discover the town?
- Did the officer introduce coffee or write the accounts?
- What is "metalled?"
- What is "with effect?"
- Is the listed rainfall yearly?
- Are the 7 days of the festival for just flowers or the entire event?
- What is the Lady's seat? An overlook?
- Are the Servaroyan and Kaveri the deities of the hills and river? I guessed at the meaning.
- In what war did Tipu Sultan use Bear's cave?
- What does "Salem - 38 km Yercaud Express from Chennai." mean?
- What is "Yercaud assembly constituency"?
I have marked these instances in the wikitext using html comments. If you can answer these questions, simply go into the actual page text and fix it there yourself. Don't answer here and have someone else put it into the article.
|WikiProject Guild of Copy Editors|