This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tarbet Pier, Loch Lomond - geograph.org.uk - 1658954
|OS grid reference|
|• Edinburgh||61 mi (98 km)|
|• London||375 mi (604 km)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Traditionally on the northern fringes of the historic County of Dunbartonshire, it is on the banks of Loch Lomond, and has a pier. It stands on an isthmus where Loch Long and Loch Lomond come close. The village of Arrochar stands at the head of Loch Long, at the other side of the isthmus. Arrochar and Tarbet railway station, on the West Highland Line, stands between the two villages. The village has a primary school (Arrochar Primary School), many hotels and bed and breakfasts, and a Tourist Information Centre.
The area around Arrochar and Tarbet has become the scene of "squirrel wars". The red squirrel is resisting the offensive by the grey squirrel taking place across United Kingdom, since there is a type of woodland they find more favourable than most. Tarbet contains the Tarbet Hotel.
- "Distance from Tarbert, UK to Edinburgh, UK or how far is Tarbert, UK from Edinburgh, UK?". Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- "Distance from Tarbert, UK to London, UK or how far is Tarbert, UK from London, UK?". Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- "Red squirrel". Forestry Commission Great Britain. Retrieved 2008-06-05.
- "List of red squirrel locations". Forestry Commission Great Britain. Archived from the original on 2006-06-14. Retrieved 2008-06-05. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Biographical Index of Former Fellows of the Royal Society of Edinburgh 1783–2002 (PDF). The Royal Society of Edinburgh. July 2006. ISBN 0 902 198 84 X.
- for Tarbet, Argyll
- Video footage of Arrochar & Tarbet railway station
- Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park
- Arrochar, Tarbet and Ardlui history website
- Arrochar and Tarbet website - shows places to stay, things to do, local shops, restaurants and companies
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tarbet, Argyll and Bute.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tarbet, Argyll.|
|This Argyll and Bute location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|