Tarnovo Ice Piedmont
Tarnovo Ice Piedmont (Lednik Tarnovo \'led-nik 't&r-no-vo\) on Rozhen Peninsula, Livingston Island in the South Shetland Islands, Antarctica is situated southeast of Charity Glacier and west-southwest of Prespa Glacier. It extends 3.5 km in east-west direction and 2.5 km in north-south direction, is bounded to the west by Veleka Ridge, to the north by Arda Peak, Gerov Pass and Shumen Peak, and to the east by Yambol Peak, and flows southeastwards into Bransfield Strait east of Botev Point and west of Gela Point.
- South Shetland Islands. Scale 1:200000 topographic map No. 3373. DOS 610 – W 62 58. Tolworth, UK, 1968.
- Islas Livingston y Decepción. Mapa topográfico a escala 1:100000. Madrid: Servicio Geográfico del Ejército, 1991.
- S. Soccol, D. Gildea and J. Bath. Livingston Island, Antarctica. Scale 1:100000 satellite map. The Omega Foundation, USA, 2004.
- L.L. Ivanov et al., Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich Island, South Shetland Islands (from English Strait to Morton Strait, with illustrations and ice-cover distribution), 1:100000 scale topographic map, Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria, Sofia, 2005
- L.L. Ivanov. Antarctica: Livingston Island and Greenwich, Robert, Snow and Smith Islands. Scale 1:120000 topographic map. Troyan: Manfred Wörner Foundation, 2010. ISBN 978-954-92032-9-5 (First edition 2009. ISBN 978-954-92032-6-4)
- Antarctic Digital Database (ADD). Scale 1:250000 topographic map of Antarctica. Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research (SCAR), 1993–2016.
- Tarnovo Ice Piedmont. SCAR Composite Antarctic Gazetteer
- Bulgarian Antarctic Gazetteer. Antarctic Place-names Commission. (details in Bulgarian, basic data in English)
This article includes information from the Antarctic Place-names Commission of Bulgaria which is used with permission.
|This Livingston Island location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This glaciology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|