Tây Hồ District
|Tay Ho District
Quận Tây Hồ
|Seat||657 Lạc Long Quân Road|
|• People's Committee||Nguyễn Văn Thắng|
|• People's Council||Phương Ngọc Ánh|
|• Total||24 km2 (9 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,300/km2 (14,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||ICT (UTC+7)|
Tây Hồ (West Lake) is an urban district (quận) located on the north side of central Hanoi, the capital city of Vietnam. The district wraps around the West Lake (hồ Tây), one of the largest natural lake of Vietnam.
Thanks to its close proximity to central Hanoi and scenery of the West Lake, Tay Ho is a high-end residential area, housing a large population of expatriates. Many streets in the district are named after renowned Vietnamese poets, artists and music composers, such as Xuân Diệu, Tô Ngọc Vân, Trịnh Công Sơn, Nguyễn Đình Thi and Đặng Thai Mai.
Following decree 69/CE set fourth by the Socialist Republic of Vietnam government, Tây Hồ was officially recognized as a district on October 28, 1995. The district was, and is, still considered to be a center of entertainment, tourism, and natural conservation of Hanoi.
Tây Hồ is adjacent to four districts: Long Biên district (to the east), Bắc Từ Liêm district (to the west), Ba Đình district (to the south), and Đông Anh district (to the north).
Tây Hồ district currently includes 8 wards: Bưởi, Nhật Tân, Phú Thượng, Quảng An, Thuỵ Khuê, Tứ Liên, Xuân La, Yên Phụ.
For the 2010–2015 years, the primary accomplishments in the four main sectors:
- 16% increase: in production rate of economic sectors that the district managed.
- 18T-20% increase: in production rate for the service sector that the district managed.
- 80% of profits are in the sectors of tourism, commerce, and services.
II. Education & Culture
- Until 2015, there will be 20 nationally accredited schools.
- Increase in 5,000 openings in the labor job market.
- Aim to decrease poverty of 50 families every year.
- 16.5% increase in birth rate.
III. Security and Social Order
- Maintain order in terms of social security across all regions of the district and beyond.
- Ensure military activities are well-managed.
IV. Contributions towards People's Committee
- Continue to strengthen leadership within the committee.
- Organize annual intervention that promotes "Trong Sach, Vung Manh" campaign.
- Induct 80 new Party members annually.
As of 2015, five central mission statements to be accomplished by 2020 are:
Statement 1: Focus on managing, preserving, and upgrading quality of the natural environment.
Statement 2: Upgrade productivity and effectiveness of management in real estate, and social order to increase productivity in terms of building new infrastructure.
Statement 3: Build and maintain a healthy cultural environment for Ha Noi, especially in a lifestyle consistent with the goals of 'Refined - Civil - Modern'.
Statement 4: Continue to strengthen administrative power of the district in relation to the People's Party.
Statement 5: Continue to strengthen leadership and collegiality among members of the People's Party.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (October 2016)