Thành phố Hưng Yên
|Nickname(s): Phố Hiến|
|• Chairman of People's Committee||Đỗ Xuân Tuyên|
- Hưng Yên is a delta city, it is located in the south of Hưng Yên Province, in the left bank (north bank) of the Red River in the Northern part of Vietnam. Hưng Yên city is about 60 km away from Hanoi.
- Hưng Yên City borders Kim Động District to the north, Tiên Lữ District to the east. The Red River is the natural boundary between Hưng Yên City and Hà Nam Province's Lý Nhân District and Duy Tiên District.
- Area: 46.80 km2 (4,685.51 ha)
- Population: 121,486 people (2008)
Hưng Yên City administers 12 administrative divisions:
- 7 wards (phường): Lê Lợi, Quang Trung, Minh Khai, Hien Nam, Lam Son, Hong Chau, An Tao.
- 5 communes (xã): Bao Khe, Trung Nghia, Lien Phuong, Hong Nam, Quang Chau.
The city is well known in the world (especially with historians) with Phố Hiến (an ancient port-city located in the area). There are still a lot of ancient Asian temples, pagodas and other religious buildings here.
Nhãn lồng (caged longan - a kind of fruit) is one of Hưng Yên's specialities.