Tektronix extended HEX
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Each line of Tektronix extended HEX file starts with a percent (%) character. A line consists of five parts:
- Record Length — 2 character (1 byte) field that specifies the number of characters (not bytes) in the record, excluding the percent, the length field, the type field and the checksum.
- Type — 1 character field, specifies whether the record is data (6) or termination (8). (6 record contains data, placed at the address specified. 8 termination record: The address field may optionally contain the address of the instruction to which control is passed ; there is no data field.)
- Checksum — 2 hex digits (1 byte, represents the sum of all the nibbles on the line,excluding the checksum itself.
- Address — 9 character field. The first character is the address size and is always 8. The remaining 8 characters are the 4-byte address that specifies where the data is to be loaded into memory.
- Data — contains the executable code, memory-loadable data or descriptive information to be transferred.