||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Industry||Electronic Test Equipment|
|Founded||Cleveland, Ohio (1946)|
|Headquarters||Solon, Ohio USA|
|Joseph P. Keithley CEO , Linda C. Rae COO , Mark J. Plush CFO|
|Revenue||US$ 102.53 million (2009)|
Number of employees
Keithley Instruments is a measurement and instrument company headquartered in Solon, Ohio, that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells data acquisition products, as well as complete system solutions for high-volume production and assembly testing. In September, 2010, the company agreed to sell itself to the Danaher Corporation, a Washington, D.C.-based conglomerate, for $21.60 per share.
The company designs, develops, manufactures and markets electronic instruments and systems geared to the specialized needs of electronics manufacturers for high-performance production testing, process monitoring, product development, and research.
The Company has approximately 500 products used to source, measure, connect, control or communicate direct current (DC), radio frequency (RF), or optical signals. Product offerings include integrated systems solutions, instruments, and personal computer (PC) plug-in boards that can be used as system components or as stand-alone solutions.
The Company's markets are engineers, technicians, and scientists in manufacturing, product development, and research functions. Keithley operates throughout North America, Asia, and Europe. It develops new solutions for the broader electronics industry, as well as Electronic Manufacturing Production Test, Semiconductor, Telecommunications/Wireless and Research/Education.
Keithley Instruments's major product lines include Test & Measurement products such as electrometers, voltmeters, signal generators, data acquisition, and production and benchtop parameteric testers and analyzers.
- 1946 - Founded in Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A., by Joseph F. Keithley
- 1950 - First employee hired
- 1964 - Moved headquarters to Solon, OH
- 1966 - German office opened
- 1967 - UK office opened
- 1991 - Joseph P. Keithley becomes chairman
- 1995 - Listed on New York Stock Exchange
- 1998 - Taiwan office opened
- 2000 - Korea office opened
- 2003 - Santa Rosa, California RF Design center opened (sold to Agilent Technologies 2009)
- 2005 - Singapore office opened
- 2009 - S600 Series parametric test product line discontinued
- 2010 - Agreed to sell itself to the Danaher Corporation, many operations merged with Tektronix
- 2011 - Announcement that most manufacturing will shift from Ohio to China
- Schoenberger, Robert (6 June 2011). "Keithley Instruments to move hundreds of manufacturing jobs to China from Solon". The Plain Dealer.
- Keithley Instruments
- Detailed Company History
- "Patents owned by Keithley Instruments". US Patent & Trademark Office. Retrieved 31 January 2007.
- "Understanding Current Switching’s Special Needs". Cigoy, Dale. Electronic Products. 2009.
- "Standards Help Ensure Order for Nanotechnology". Tucker, Jonathan. Evaluation Engineering. June 2009.
- "Low Level Measurements Handbook: Precision DC Current, Voltage, and Resistance Measurements". Keithley Instruments, Inc. 6th edition, 2004.
- "Switching Handbook: A Guide to Signal Switching in Automated Test Systems". Keithley Instruments, Inc. 6th edition, 2008.