|Public (SIX: TEMN)|
|Industry||Banking Software |
|Founded||Geneva, Switzerland (1993, as Temenos Systems)|
Temenos Headquarters SA, 2 Rue de l'Ecole-de-Chimie, CH - 1205 Geneva, Switzerland
|Andreas Andreades, Chairman|
Max Chuard, CEO
Jean-Michel Hilsenkopf, COO
Mark Winterburn, Chief Product Officer
Andre Loustau, CTO
Alexa Guenoun, Chief Client Officer
George Koukis, Founder and Non-executive director
Core Banking (T24)
Financial Crime Mitigation
Funds & Securities
Risk & Compliance
|Revenue||$737 million (2017 revenue)|
Number of employees
Temenos AG (SWX: TEMN) is a company specialising in enterprise software for banks and financial services, with its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. Temenos was initially created in 1993, and has been listed on the Swiss stock exchange since 2001.
Founded in 1993 and listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX: TEMN), Temenos AG is a provider of banking software systems to retail, corporate, universal, private, Islamic, microfinance and community banks. Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, and with 63 offices in 42 countries, Temenos serves over 3,000 financial institutions in 145 countries across the world. It claims to be used by 41 of the top 50 banks worldwide.
The company was started in November 1993, by George Koukis having acquired the rights to GLOBUS, the successful banking software platform developed by a team of technical and banking experts in 1988. The company was Temenos, in reference to a lecture on Money given by Hans-Wolfgang Frick at the Temenos Academy (1992), and continued to develop and market GLOBUS.
In 2001, Temenos went public, and is listed on the main segment of the SWX Swiss Exchange (TEMN). Also in 2001, Temenos acquired a mainframe core banking application aimed at high-end retail banks, originally developed by IBM, and now marketed as Temenos Corebanking.
On the 30th September 2003 Temenos launched T24. T24 was based on GLOBUS, but with a state of the art banking technology platform. This is the result of 3 years of development effort and an investment of more than USD 24 million.
|2008||Financial Objects Ltd||United Kingdom|
|2008||Lydian Associates Ltd||United Kingdom|
|2010||FE Mobile||United Kingdom|
|2010||Odyssey Financial Technologies||Luxembourg|
|2012||Edge IPK||United Kingdom|
|2017||Rubik Financial Limited ('Rubik')||Australia|
|2018||Avoka ||United States|
|2019||Htrunk Software Solutions  ||India|
News & Highlights
in 2016, Temenos won the Banking Technology Readers’ Choice Award for “Best emerging/innovative technology product” for Temenos MarketPlace.
Asian Private Banker awarded Temenos as the “Best Integrated Front Office Solution” for WealthSuite.
In April 2018, Temenos won a contract to provide its financial technology platform for Nordic-Baltic telecommunications company Telia’s digital banking services.
Temenos has been awarded the "Payments Innovation of the Year" award by the business website FStech on March 2018.
In March 2018, Temenos' Islamic Banking Suite was named the "Best Islamic Banking and Finance Software Solution" at the 2018 World Islamic Finance Awards.
- "2017 Financial Statement" (PDF). www.temenos.com. Temenos. 13 February 2018. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "What we do - Temenos". Temenos company website. Retrieved 4 October 2016.
- "REAL-WORLD FINTECH: Interim Report 2017" (PDF). temenos.com.
- "Temenos Academy Publications catalogue". www.temenosacademy.org.
- "Investor FAQs". Temenos. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "Temenos Globus / T24 Banking Package « WIKIBANKING dot INFO". www.wikibanking.info. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "Temenos Group announces CEO and Chairman succession plans". temenos.com. Temenos Headquarters SA. 16 February 2011. Archived from the original on 4 May 2012. Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "Temenos buys German banking software outfit ACTIS.BSP". Finextra Research. 2007-03-12. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "Temenos to acquire Financial Objects", Finextra, 3 July 2008, retrieved 9 June 2010
- "Temenos Acquires Lydian Associates To Enhance Business Intelligence Modules | Global Custodian". www.globalcustodian.com. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "Temenos buys rival core vendor, Viveo", IBS Journal, 6 January 2010, retrieved 9 June 2010
- "FE-Mobile acquired by Temenos Group AG | Gibraltar". www.bcms.com. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- Finextra (2010-09-28). "Temenos agrees Odyssey acquisition". Finextra Research. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "Odyssey Financial Technologies joins forces with Temenos". odyssey-group.com. Odyssey Group S.A. 27 September 2010. Archived from the original on 30 May 2014.
- "Temenos buys Canadian BI software vendor Primisyn". Finextra Research. 2011-07-27. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "Temenos Acquisition Adds New Front-End Software to Its Core Offerings | Bank Systems & Technology". Bank Systems & Technology. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "Temenos expands U.S. footprint with TriNovus buy". Reuters. 2013-03-22. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "Temenos purchases Akcelerant to accelerate growth in North America". Temenos. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "BRIEF-Temenos Group acquires Multifonds for 235 mln euros". Reuters. 2015-03-04. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "Temenos announces closing of Rubik acquisition and revises its 2017 outlook". Temenos. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
- "Temenos acquires US-headquartered SaaS vendor Avoka to strengthen its leading Digital Front Office banking product". Temenos. Retrieved 2018-12-12.
- "Temenos acquires hTrunk to accelerate its analytics and big data solutions". Temenos. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- "Temenos acquires Bangalore based big data firm hTRUNK". IBS Intelligence. 2019-02-21. Retrieved 2019-02-22.
- "Banking Technology Awards 2018 | 2016 Winners". awards.bankingtech.com. Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- "Asian Private Banker awards Temenos "Best Integrated Front Office Solution" for WealthSuite". Fintech Finance. 2018-03-05. Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- Editorial, Reuters. "Temenos wins contract with Telia for digital banking services". U.S. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "FStech Awards". www.fstech.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-05-20.
- "Islamic Finance Awards - World Finance". www.worldfinance.com. Retrieved 2018-06-07.