||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Public (SIX: TEMN)|
|Founded||Geneva, Switzerland (1993, as Temenos Systems)|
|Headquarters||Temenos Headquarters SA, 2 Rue de l’Ecole-de-Chimie, CH - 1205 Geneva, Switzerland|
|Andreas Andreades, Chairman
David Arnott, CEO
Max Chuard, CFO and COO
Andre Loustau, CTO
George Koukis, Founder and Non-executive director
Core Banking (T24)
Financial Crime Mitigation
Funds & Securities
Risk & Compliance
|Revenue||$999.8 million (2013 revenue)|
Number of employees
Temenos Group AG (SWX: TEMN) is a company specialising in software for financial services, with its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The group was initially created 1993, and has been listed on the Swiss Stock exchange since 2001.
Founded in 1993 and listed on the Swiss Stock Exchange (SIX: TEMN), Temenos 24(T24) Group AG is a provider of banking software systems to retail, corporate, universal, private, Islamic, microfinance and community banks. Headquartered in Geneva and with more than 60 offices in 50 countries, Temenos serves over 1,000 financial institutions in more than 125 countries across the world. It claims to be used by 38 of the top 50 banks worldwide.
The company was started in London in 1993. Later the company was acquired by George Koukis and renamed Temenos, in reference to a lecture on Money given by Hans-Wolfgang Frick at the Temenos Academy (1992). Temenos became therefore a Swiss company.
2008: Temenos acquired the London-based company Financial Objects Ltd in September 2008,
2009: Temenos signed a partnership agreement with Cognizant
2009: Temenos makes largest acquisition to date by acquiring French company Viveo.
2010: Temenos acquires Odyssey Financial Technologies.
2011: Guy Dubois takes over as new CEO.
2011: Temenos partner Wipro on core banking ASP offering for European Banks.
- "2013 Financial Statement" (PDF). www.temenos.com. Temenos. 27 March 2014. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "What we do - Temenos". Temenos company website. Retrieved 16 November 2016.
- "Temenos serves over 1,000 financial institutions in more than 125 countries across the world". temenos.com.
- Rahn, Cornelius; Browning, Jonathan (3 February 2012). "Misys In Talks Over Merger With Swiss Rival Temenos After Fidelity Failure". Bloomberg.
- Koukis, George (19 April 2009), Graduation Speech, ESE London, retrieved 9 June 2010
- "Temenos to acquire Financial Objects", Finextra, 3 July 2008, retrieved 9 June 2010
- "Temenos buys rival core vendor, Viveo", IBS Journal, 6 January 2010, retrieved 9 June 2010
- Finance Chief David Arnott Gets Promoted CFO Insight Magazine, Accessed 09/17/2012