- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by — Crisco 1492 (talk) 23:42, 28 January 2013 (UTC)
5x expanded by Mentoz86 (talk), 188.8.131.52 (talk). Nominated by Mentoz86 (talk) at 22:18, 12 January 2013 (UTC)
- New enough, referenced, AGF on sources, picture correctly tagged. Two concerns: Some sentences could do with a copyedit(eg:"Hauger made his for Hannover 96 on 6 August 2011"- made his what?/ "He had weared number 7"- not really sure if that is grammatically correct. Not really fatal errors, but they sometimes break the fluency of the prose.
- The other concern I have is that the hook seemed to imply that this footballer was left out of the national team because of some nationalist reason because he had joined another football club. From my interpretation, this fact comes from the sentence "Hauger was later left out of the national team squad after he moved to Germany, as he was not playing regularly in Hannover". However, I cannot grasp the main point of this sentence. Was he not good enough because he did not play regularly for his club, or was he left out of the Norway national team because he did not have enough time to train in Norway together with the rest of the team? Hope to clarify this in the hook to prevent any misunderstanding on the part of the reader.--Lionratz (talk) 02:30, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
- I've corrected those two grammatical errors. (If you think that the entire article needs a copyedit, not just those two errors, I'll do it in the afternoon) The point of the hook, is to imply that he was left out of the national team for nationalist reasons, and I don't want to "clarify" the hook, as that is what makes it "hooky". However, the reason that he was left out was that he wasn't playing regularly for his club in Germany, and I don't know how to clarify that in the text for readers to understand. Any suggestions? :) Mentoz86 (talk) 02:40, 22 January 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, I think it would need some more copyediting (another problem I just saw: "his distinctive features of his play included"). I would think that it is better that these errors be corrected before I pass this article. As for the hook, I am not very sure... I see what you mean about it being "hooky", but it might be toeing the boundaries a little too closely. Do you want to seek a third opinion? Oh, and one more thing, I think the picture in the infobox would look nicer on the front page if you crop it to 100px by 100px and showing mainly his face.--Lionratz (talk) 12:36, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
- I did a copy-edit of the entire article, I hope it is better now. I don't know how to crop a picture, would you kind and direct me to a instruction? A third opinion on the hook might be good. Mentoz86 (talk) 17:38, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- Third opinion here. I don't quite mind the original, but how about another?
- ALT1: ... that Norwegian football player Henning Hauger (pictured) saw less activity after moving to Germany and was ultimately left out of his national team? — Crisco 1492 (talk) 05:12, 25 January 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you for your new and better hook, and the cropped picture, Crisco. I prefer your hook over the original. Mentoz86 (talk) 08:07, 27 January 2013 (UTC)
- We might need to ping Lionratz for the tick. — Crisco 1492 (talk) 08:10, 27 January 2013 (UTC)
- AGF on foreign language source. Sorry for the delay, I was busy due to real world commitments. Thanks to Crisco for his help.--Lionratz (talk) 12:48, 27 January 2013 (UTC)