- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the DYK nomination of the article below. Please do not modify this page. Subsequent comments should be made on the appropriate discussion page (such as this nomination's talk page, the article's talk page or Wikipedia talk:Did you know), unless there is consensus to re-open the discussion at this page. No further edits should be made to this page.
The result was: promoted by BlueMoonset (talk) 16:39, 29 November 2012 (UTC)
John G. Campbell
Created/expanded by Allen3 (talk). Self nom at 23:12, 23 November 2012 (UTC)
- QPQ done
- Hook is most interesting, and brief enough
- Expanded today almost 9x
- I will review the rest tomorrow when I have more time Chris857 (talk) 04:56, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
- The one ref I have access to checks out, AGF on the three books
- Article has inline citations, one news article and three books (Black Mountain Press appears okay)
- I corrected a few small grammar issues
- One paragraph in the political career section handles neutrality well
- Issues / Suggestions:
- "During his time in office, he introduced a variety of petitions and about 18 bills during his term including a bill to repeal the tariffs on movable type and paper." I think one of the two bold clauses should be removed as they seem redundant.
- "The campaign was dominated by the candidate's personalities..." Was this the personality of one candidate or all of them? If all, then it should be "candidates' personalities"
- Chris857 (talk) 23:15, 24 November 2012 (UTC)
- Suggestions were acted upon, AGF on offline sources and avoidance of copyvio. Chris857 (talk) 20:06, 25 November 2012 (UTC)