Template:Dutch Royal Family
|* Member of the Dutch royal house|
In the Netherlands, a distinction is made between members of the Dutch Royal Family and members of the Dutch Royal House.
- the monarch;
- the members of the royal family who are a relative to the monarch in second degree;
- the former monarch (on abdication);
- the spouses, widow, or widower of the above
- members of the royal family who are members of the Royal House on the basis of the transitional arrangement provided for by the Membership of the Royal House Act. This includes Princess Margriet and her husband Pieter van Vollenhoven.
With Willem-Alexander becoming King, the children of Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien (Countess Eloise, Count Claus-Casimir, and Countess Leonore), and the children of Princess Margriet and Pieter van Vollenhoven (Prince Maurits, Prince Bernhard, and their spouses), lost their membership of the Royal House.
Under the Membership of the Royal House Act (2002), members have to seek parliament’s permission to marry. Princess Irene, Princess Christina, Prince Friso, Prince Pieter-Christiaan, and Prince Floris did not seek the parliament’s approval to marry; they are therefore no longer members of the Royal House.
The Dutch royal family is formed by the whole family of the monarch , however not every member is a member of the Royal House. The family consists of Princess Beatrix (former queen), her sons King Willem-Alexander and Prince Constantijn, her daughters-in-law and grandchildren, Princess Margriet and her husband Pieter van Vollenhoven and their four sons and daughters-in-law, and the princesses Irene and Christina with their children and their children's spouses. 
Members of this family are listed in this template.
- "The Royal House". Website of the Dutch Royal House (English)
- "Letter of the Dutch minister president regarding Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma". Website of the Netherlands Ministry of General Affairs (in Dutch)
- "Members of the Royal House and the royal family". Postbus 51 - Website of the Dutch Government Information Service (in Dutch)