She grew up in Stollberg, and at 10 years old joined the Youth Theater.
At 17 she made her debut as Miriam Sommer in the film Sonnenallee. Her parents own a bakery in Stollberg, and made special pastry in celebration of the success of Sonnenallee in cinemas.
From 1999 to 2003 she studied at the University for Music and Theater in Rostock and was awarded a degree in acting. During her studies, she performed at the Volkstheater in Rostock, and at the Mecklenburg State Theatre in Schwerin, playing, among other roles, Ismene in the tragedy Antigone by Sophocles.
In 2002 she performed in the television program 'ARD-Serie Berlin'. In summer 2004 she trod the boards at the Bayreuth Festival, and in February 2005 she began an engagement at the Burgtheater in Vienna.
- Armee der Stille - La Isla Bonita, directed by Roland Lang
- Die Boxerin, directed by Catharina Deus
- Abgefahren, by Jakob Schäuffelen
- Sonst Ist Alles So Groß, Nic Niemann
- Sommerwald, directed by Christoph Lehmann
- Barbecue Ladies, direction: Tini Tüllmann
- Sonnenallee, directed by Leander Haußmann
|This article about a German film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|