|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Poster for Terminator 2 bears a similarity to the original Terminator poster.
|Directed by||Bruno Mattei|
|Produced by||Franco Gaudenzi|
|Written by||Claudio Fragasso|
|Music by||Carlo Maria Cordio|
|Edited by||Bruno Mattei|
|Distributed by||Condor Vídeo|
|August 22, 1989|
Shocking Dark (also known as Terminator II, Terminator 2, Alienators, and Contaminator) is a 1989 Italian science-fiction film written by Claudio Fragasso, produced by Franco Gaudenzi and directed by Bruno Mattei.
Despite the film's original title and artwork presenting it as a sequel to 1984 film The Terminator, it is not officially associated with that film. The plot has more in common with the 1986 film Aliens. Two years after Mattei's film came out, Terminator 2: Judgment Day (the official Terminator sequel) was released. Mattei's film was never released in the United States, especially under its original title due to licensing problems.
- Christopher Ahrens as Samuel Fuller (as Cristopher Ahrens)
- Haven Tyler as Sara
- Geretta Geretta as Koster (as Geretta Giancarlo Field)
- Fausto Lombardi as Lieutenant Franzini (as Tony Lombardo)
- Mark Steinborn as Commander Dalton Bond
- Dominica Coulson as Samantha
- Clive Riche as Drake (as Clive Ricke)
- Paul Norman Allen as Kowalsky
- Cortland Reilly as Caine
- Richard Ross as Price
- Bruce McFarland as Parson
- Al McFarland as Raphelson
The film has never been released to video in the United States for legal reasons. However, it has been released to video in countries such as Japan, Brazil, and the film's native Italy.
- "But what you might not expect is that the bulk of the movie has nothing to do with The Terminator. Instead, it's a rip-off of Cameron's other sci-fi blockbuster, Aliens.", ["Terminator II: Shocking Dark", BrainEater.com http://www.braineater.com/other_hell/fourth_circle/shocking_dark.html]
|This article related to an Italian film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|