The 8G Band
The 8G Band is the house band for Late Night with Seth Meyers. The band is led by Saturday Night Live alumnus Fred Armisen. Armisen is the second former Saturday Night Live cast member to lead a band on Late Night; the first was Paul Shaffer. He assembled the 8G Band, named for the studio where the show is taped, just two weeks before the test show. He texted friends Seth Jabour, Syd Butler and Eli Janney ("What are you guys doing this week?"), then found first drummer Kimberly Thompson through an audition. Guitarist Marnie Stern later joined as well. The band frequently has guest musicians sit in, often for an entire week. After Thompson left the band, the show has had several guest drummers sit in. Additionally, Armisen is often absent for weeks at a time, to film and promote his TV series Portlandia.
- Fred Armisen (bandleader, rhythm guitar, drums)
- Seth Jabour (lead guitar)
- Syd Butler (bass)
- Eli Janney (keys)
- Marnie Stern (lead/rhythm guitar)
- Kimberly Thompson (drums)
- "Meet the "Late Night with Seth Meyers" 8G Band!". NBC. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- O'Connell, Michael. "Seth Meyers Taps Fred Armisen To Lead 'Late Night' Band With Members of Les Savy Fav, Girls Against Boys". Billboard. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Mora, Celest. "Who Is In the 8G Band on Seth Meyer's 'Late Night'? Get to Know This Awesome Fivesome". Bustle. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|