The Access Group
|Industry||Software consultancy and developer|
|Chris Bayne, CEO|
|Products||Access Dimensions, FocalPoint, Dimensions Lite, SupplyChain (ERP), Access Insight, thankQ, GoldMine (CRM), Dashboard, Service Manager, SelectHR, SelectPay (HR & payroll), Access Delta, TeamSeer, PeoplePlanner.|
|Revenue||£53.5m (December 2014)|
Number of employees
|700 (July 2014)|
"'The Access Group is a software consultancy and developer, selling primarily to UK mid-market businesses  with 14 offices across the UK and France The organisation was founded in 1991 with its current structure formed in June 2009 following the absorption of five companies into a single operation. Since 2011 Access has been mostly owned by Private Equity companies, first Lyceum Capital and from 2014 TA Associates.
1991-1995: Early development
This period saw founding company Access Accounting focus on building its business and accounting software. Early products included entry-level accounting systems such as Access Horizons and Access Foundations.
1996 - 2007
In 1996, Access Accounting developed Access Dimensions. This was joined by middleware application Transaction Broker (1998) to facilitate integration at mid-market level. Integration with Microsoft Office (2002) and Outlook Today (2005) saw the company’s initial entry into Business Intelligence software.
Other software releases include integrated CRM, Dimensions Manufacturing/BoM (Bill of Materials) and Access Analytics ‘data cube’ technology (2006), followed by a reverse change VAT upgrade in 2007 to combat carousel fraud.
2008 - 2011
In 2008, Access Accounting released Accounting for Carbon Emissions (ACE) to help businesses calculate and understand the amount of CO2 they produce.
In 2009, the company released its web-based solution FocalPoint.
The company re-branded in June 2009, absorbing Access Accounting and its four subsidiaries to become Access Group. Recent additions include Stock Forecasting functionality (2009) and a Dashboard business intelligence product (2010). The company added HR to its portfolio in 2010 via the acquisition of Canterbury-based Select Software. The company was rebranded Access Select.
In 2011, the group launched its web services API Application Programming Interface, allowing its financial software to be integrated with third-party, on-premises software. In the same year, Access Mobile was released, making functionality such as timesheets and expenses available on the iPhone  and BlackBerry.
2011 - Present
In March 2011 there was an MBO of Access led by its existing directors and private equity firm Lyceum Capital.
Since then Access has grown both through continued double-digit organic growth and acquisition. It has acquired the following companies/technologies:
- DeltaWMS - warehouse management software
- Prelytis - SaaS-based business intelligence software
- thankQ - fundraising and CRM software for the not-for-profit sector
- Sazneo -SaaS-based communication technology
- TeamSeer - SaaS-based absence management solution
- PeoplePlanner - SaaS-based workforce management software
- Access Dimensions is a modular accounting and financial management suite including financials, job costing, stock control, document management, reporting and payroll.
- FocalPoint is a web-served portal that integrates with Dimensions-format databases for viewing, approval, and more of various resources including purchase orders, invoices, expenses, timesheets, and other items online
- SelectPay is a HM Revenue and Customs-approved payroll.
- SelectHR is a .NET based solution including functionality such as recruitment, training, self-service and payroll integration.
- Access SupplyChain is an ERP solution, with functionality for manufacturing, distribution and warehousing organisations.
- Access Service Manager offers service management functions such as call centre management, job scheduling, PPM, contract management and meter billing.
- Access Mobile extends functionality offered by Access FocalPoint such as expenses management and timesheets to mobile devices.
- Access Dashboard offers a high-level view of the business, presenting key performance indicators (KPIs) through graphical charts and graphs.
- Access Horizons and Access Foundations are entry-level accounting systems providing core financial functionality and a range of commercial tools for small to mid-sized businesses.
- GoldMine CRM is provided on a reseller basis as Enterprise or Premium edition
- Hosting is provided as a VMware and OpenStack managed cloud hosting solution with optional Disaster Recovery as a Service and Backup as a Service solutions.
Access Group is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and is a member of the Business Application Software Developers Association (BASDA). Individual Access solutions are accredited by industry authorities, including HM Revenue and Customs and the ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales).
- "FSN Business Systems News and Analysis".
- Stratford St Mary near Colchester, Harpenden, Sheffield, Canterbury, London City, Edinburgh, Canterbury, Hastings, Bangor, Manchester, Loughborough, Nuneaton, Dublin, and Paris. -"The Access Group office locations".
- Access Accounting, Armstrong Consultants, Access Accounting Ireland, Asyst Solutions and Access Supply Chain
- Access completes rebrand project with launch of new website
- Access acquires mid-market HR solutions provider Select Software
- iPhone expense management software released by Access | Access UK