The Black League
|The Black League|
|Past members||Alexi Ranta
Mikko "Florida" Laurila
Kimmo "Sir" Luttinen
The Black League was a metal band from Finland. They were formed in 1998 by Taneli Jarva, three years after his departure from Finnish metal heavyweights Sentenced. The Black League's first two full-lengths carry on the spirit from Taneli's work with his former band, seasoning their metal with elements of traditional rock 'n' roll. On their third release, Man's Ruin Revisited, these influences take an even more prominent role in their sound. In October 2014, Taneli Jarva pronounced of his decision to call the band the quits due to "lack of personal inspiration".
Band members (May 2005- October 2014)
- Taneli Jarva - vocals
- Maike Valanne - guitar & back vocals
- Heavy Hiltunen - guitar
- Ilkka Tanska - bass guitar
- Rale Tiiainen] - drums
- Alexi Ranta - lead guitar (1998 - 2005)
- Mikko Laurila (aka Florida) - bass guitar (1998 - 2005)
- Kimmo Luttinen (aka Sir Luttinen) - drums (1998 - 2005)
- Lene Leinonen - bass guitar (live 2004)
- Demo 98 (1998)
- Cold Women & Warm Beer (2003)
- Doomsday Sun (2001)
- Ichor (2000)
- Utopia A.D. (2001)
- Man's Ruin Revisited (2004)
- A Place Called Bad (2005)
- Ghost Brothel (2009)
- Winter Winds Sing (2000)
- Rex Talionis (2002)
- Same Ol' Fuckery (2005)
- The Pusher (2007)
- The Beast Is a Riddle (2009)
- "The Black League". metal-archives.com. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "The Black League". spirit-of-metal.com. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "The Black League". last.fm. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "The Black League". sputnikmusic.com. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "The Black League". Retrieved 6 October 2014.