|Written by||Kate Gartside|
|Directed by||James Hawes|
|Theme music composer||Christopher Letcher|
|Running time||89 minutes|
|Original release||12 May 2013 U.K.|
16 November 2013 U.S.
The Challenger (US title: The Challenger Disaster) is a 2013 TV movie starring William Hurt about Richard Feynman's investigation into the 1986 Space Shuttle Challenger disaster. The film is a BBC/ Science Channel/ Open University production, and it premiered on 12 May 2013 on BBC2.
It is based on two books:
- Feynman, Richard; Feynman, Gweneth; Leighton, Ralph (1988). What Do You Care What Other People Think?. W. W. Norton. ISBN 0-393-02659-0.
- McDonald, Allan J; Hansen, James R. Truth, Lies and O-Rings. ISBN 978-0813041933.
The film follows Feynman (William Hurt) as he attempts to expose the truth in the disaster.
It aired in the U.S. on the Discovery Channel and the Science Channel on November 16, 2013 at 9pm.
- William Hurt as Dr. Richard Feynman
- Joanne Whalley as Gweneth Feynman
- Bruce Greenwood as General Donald Kutyna
- Brian Dennehy as Chairman William Rogers
- Eve Best as Dr. Sally Ride
- Henry Goodman as Dr. Weiss
- Kevin McNally as Lawrence Mulloy
- Sean Michael as Judson Lovingood
- Bricken, Rob. "Here's William Hurt as the legendary physicist Richard Feynman!". io9. Retrieved 20 March 2013.
- End credits