The Church on Cumberland Road
|"The Church on Cumberland Road"|
|Single by Shenandoah|
|from the album The Road Not Taken|
|B-side||"She Doesn't Cry Anymore"|
|Songwriter(s)||Bob DiPiero, John Scott Sherrill, Dennis Robbins|
|Producer(s)||Rick Hall, Robert Byrne|
|Shenandoah singles chronology|
"The Church on Cumberland Road" is a song written by Bob DiPiero, John Scott Sherrill and Dennis Robbins, and recorded by American country music group Shenandoah. It was released in January 1989 as the second single from their album The Road Not Taken. It was their first number-one hit in both the United States and Canada. In 2001, on a live CMT special, Rascal Flatts covered the song. It is also the first song the members of Rascal Flatts performed live together before officially forming in 1999.
The music video was directed by Larry Boothby.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||30|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||29|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 311.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 6336." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. May 1, 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Shenandoah Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1989". RPM. December 23, 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Best of 1989: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.