The Cleveland Show (season 2)
|The Cleveland Show (season 2)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||22|
|Original release||September 26, 2010– May 15, 2011|
The Cleveland Show's second season began airing on September 26, 2010, and ended after 22 episodes on May 15, 2011. Fox ordered a second production series of 22 episodes (2APSxx) in October 2009.
This season included the return of Kanye West for an additional episode after he aired in the first season episode Brotherly Love. The article has The Cleveland Show co-creator Rich Appel stating he hopes there is even more to come and then goes on to say "He could not have been more collaborative or easier to work with. We're excited, because his character has become a recurring character in our universe… He'll become our Sideshow Bob!".
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.
|22||1||"Harder, Better, Faster, Browner"||Ian Graham||Matt Murray||September 26, 2010||2APS06||6.60|
|Cleveland attempts to get Kenny West's rap career off the ground and President Barack Hussein Obama pays Stoolbend a visit.|
|23||2||"Cleveland Live!"||Ken Wong||Jonathan Green & Gabe Miller||October 3, 2010||2APS01||6.65|
|In an animation first, The Cleveland Show offers the audience a behind-the-scenes look at the “filming” of the episode. When Cleveland and Donna attempt to celebrate their anniversary, their unruly kids and disruptive friends, including Donna’s ex-husband, Robert, get in their way.|
|24||3||"How Cleveland Got His Groove Back"||Oreste Canestrelli||Julius Sharpe||October 10, 2010||2APS05||5.63|
|Instead of continuing on their family-heritage trip to Africa, Cleveland and the family end up turning their layover into a tropical vacation.|
|25||4||"It's the Great Pancake, Cleveland Brown"||Ron Rubio||Aseem Batra||November 7, 2010||2APS04||6.68|
|Cleveland crushes Cleveland Jr.’s spirit when he forbids him from trick-or-treating because he thinks he is too old. Junior reinvents himself as a “cool kid” and is invited to attend a Halloween party with Roberta. Meanwhile, Rallo goes against his mom's wishes and eats way more Halloween candy than his teeth can handle.|
|26||5||"Little Man on Campus"||Anthony Agrusa||Kevin Biggins & Travis Bowe||November 14, 2010||2APS03||6.66|
|Coach Cleveland gets greedy to win the high school baseball state championship game and turns to cheating when his star pitcher goes out for the season.|
|27||6||"Fat and Wet"||Matt Engstrom||Kirker Butler||November 21, 2010||2APS02||5.07|
|Cleveland Jr. and Kendra, ashamed of their appearance in a swimsuit, feel left out of the fun when the family spends an afternoon in the pool and petition to pass a bill to grant equal rights for those who are overweight. Disgruntled by their defeat in the polls, Junior and Kendra flee to Wisconsin, a land where they feel more free and accepted, and Cleveland and Lester vow to bring them back to where they belong.|
|28||7||"Another Bad Thanksgiving"||Mike L. Mayfield||Clarence Livingston||November 28, 2010||2APS08||7.39|
|The Brown family spends Thanksgiving in Las Vegas.|
|29||8||"Murray Christmas"||Ken Wong||Kirker Butler||December 5, 2010||2APS09||6.97|
|When Rallo’s teacher forces him to spend the weekend at a retirement home to get to know the senior citizens during the holidays, he meets Murray, who teaches him about Hanukkah. In an attempt to rekindle Murray’s holiday spirit, Rallo helps him escape, but when his new friend’s health begins to suffer, Rallo has to bring Murray back to the home. Meanwhile, Cleveland trains for a boxing match against his bully of a father, Freight Train, which ends with some bumps and bruises.|
|30||9||"Beer Walk!"||Jim Shellhorn||Aaron Lee||December 5, 2010||2APS07||5.96|
|Donna, frustrated by her husband’s laziness on the weekends, nags Cleveland to help her around the house and to do something more with his life. To prove to Donna he can be as charitable as her, Cleveland recruits his buddies from Quahog and Stoolbend to participate in the First Annual Charity Beer Walk. When Donna gets injured at the event, Cleveland has to take over the housework.|
|31||10||"Ain't Nothin' But Mutton Bustin'"||Matt Engstrom||Courtney Lilly||January 9, 2011||2APS10||7.38|
|At Donna's suggestion, Cleveland and Rallo start spending more time together; Cleveland Jr. becomes jealous of Rallo and Cleveland's new relationship.|
|32||11||"How Do You Solve a Problem Like Roberta?"||Anthony Agrusa||Aaron Lee||January 16, 2011||2APS12||5.52|
|After Cleveland criticizes her parenting skills, Donna lets him deal with Roberta by himself; Cleveland lets Roberta throw a house party.|
|33||12||"Like a Boss"||Ron Rubio||Matt Murray||January 23, 2011||2APS11||5.19|
|Tim lets a promotion go to his head; Rallo uses a turtle to mess with Cleveland Jr.|
|34||13||"A Short Story and a Tall Tale"||Ian Graham||Julius Sharpe||February 13, 2011||2APS14||4.75|
|Cleveland and Donna celebrate Valentine's Day with a trip to Los Angeles after scoring courtside seats to the all-star basketball game featuring Kevin Garnett, Dwight Howard, LeBron James, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade. Caught up in the excitement, Cleveland gets rowdy and talks smack to the players from the sideline throughout the game. The basketball champs, feeling hurt, seek revenge by paying a surprise visit to Stoolbend and putting Cleveland in his place.|
|35||14||"Terry Unmarried"||Ken Wong||Aaron Lee||February 20, 2011||2APS17||5.43|
|When Cleveland discovers he and his wife are not actually married, and his best friend Terry is gay and in a relationship, they all decide to go to Vermont for a double wedding; Cleveland Jr. tries to get Rallo to break a nasty habit.|
|36||15||"The Blue, The Gray and The Brown"||Oreste Canestrelli||Jonathan Green & Gabe Miller||March 6, 2011||2APS13||4.80|
|After Cleveland fights to save the town’s drive-in movie theater, his efforts to preserve the town’s history is noticed by the Stoolbend Preservation Society and he is invited to attend a private dinner party at the home of the great-great-grandson of the town’s founding father. While at the event, Cleveland learns of the town’s legacy and decides to take back his beloved town.|
|37||16||"The Way the Cookie Crumbles"||Jim Shellhorn||Chadd Gindin||March 13, 2011||2APS15||4.64|
|After Cleveland learns that his parents have been scammed out of their life savings, he plans to bring down the con man who targeted his mother.|
|38||17||"To Live and Die in VA"||Seung-Woo Cha||Mehar Sethi||March 20, 2011||2APS16||5.45|
|Lester and Kendra lose everything because of Cleveland.|
|39||18||"The Essence of Cleveland"||Matt Engstrom||Jonathan Green & Gabe Miller||April 3, 2011||2APS18||4.81|
|Cleveland is reunited with an old classmate "Fatty Patty", who is now skinny and beautiful and still has a crush on Cleveland.|
|40||19||"Ship'rect"||Ken Wong||Teri Schaffer & Raynelle Swilling||April 10, 2011||1APS15||4.93|
|Cleveland and his friends decide to enter the Stoolbend Floaterboat Race, but Cleveland later ditches them for another team. Meanwhile, Rallo becomes too sick to go to school.|
|41||20||"Back to Cool"||Anthony Agrusa||Kevin Biggins & Travis Bowe||April 17, 2011||2APS19||4.61|
|When Cleveland Jr. bonds with Donna’s ex-husband, Robert, Cleveland becomes jealous that Jr. thinks Robert is so much cooler than him. In order to prove how cool he is to his son, Cleveland challenges Robert to a “Coolympics” competition.|
|42||21||"Your Show of Shows"||Oreste Canestrelli||Story by : Carl Reiner
Teleplay by : Aseem Batra & Matt Murray
|May 8, 2011||2APS21||4.70|
|When Rallo and his pals Bernard and Theodore perform in the school talent show, their rap about fiscal responsibility is not well-received by their classmates. Meanwhile, after Cleveland gets his own cable-access television show, the reviews are less than positive so he takes some tips from the most successful daytime talk shows that appeal to women.|
|43||22||"Hot Cocoa Bang Bang"||Ian Graham||Kirker Butler||May 15, 2011||2APS22||4.93|
|Cleveland takes the entire family to a comic convention in an attempt to sell his comic book, “Waderman.” While there, Donna is horrified to find out that Robert Rodriguez is screening a Blaxploitation film that she starred in when she was younger, and Cleveland Jr., tired of Comic-Con being a playground for Hollywood to peddle their projects, gathers a band of geeks together to take the Con back to its true origins.|
|The Complete Season Two|
|Set Details||Special Features|
|Region 1||Region 2|
|September 27, 2011||January 30, 2012|
- "Fox Announces Fall Premiere Dates For 2010-11 Season". 20th Century Fox. TV by the Numbers. 2010-07-13. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Breaking News - Exclusive: FOX Sets 2009-10 Season Finale Dates". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- Goldman, Eric (2009-10-14). "FOX Orders More Cleveland Show". Tv.ign.com. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- Vozick, Simon (2010-03-08). "Kanye West visits 'The Cleveland Show': EW's exclusive first look!". Entertainment Weekly. Archived from the original on March 8, 2010. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "The Cleveland Show - Season 2 [DVD] [NTSC]: Amazon.co.uk: Mike Henry, Sanaa Lathan, Kevin Michael Richardson, Reagan Gomez, Seth MacFarlane: DVD & Blu-ray". Amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- Gorman, Bill (September 27, 2010). "TV Ratings: Sunday Night Football Wins; Simpsons, Cleveland Show, Family Guy, Makeover, Housewives All Down vs. Last Season's Premieres". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 5, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (October 4, 2010). "TV Ratings: Simpsons, Desperate Housewives, Sunday Night Football Rise; CSI: Miami Premieres". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 5, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (October 12, 2010). "Sunday Finals: Housewives Adjusted Up; Brothers & Sisters Adjusted Down; Plus Final CBS Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 13, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (November 9, 2010). "Sunday Finals: Desperate Housewives Adjusted Up; Brothers & Sisters, Cleveland Show Down, Plus Final CBS, NBC Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 10, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (November 16, 2010). "Sunday Final Ratings: Desperate Housewives,' Family Guy, Amazing Race Adjusted Up; CSI: Miami, American Dad, 60 Minutes Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 17, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (November 23, 2010). "Sunday Final Ratings Including Amazing Race, Undercover Boss, and CSI: Miami". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 24, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (November 30, 2010). "Sunday Final Ratings: Amazing Race Adjusted Up; 60 Minutes Down; Plus Chargers/Colts". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 1, 2010.
- Gorman, Bill (December 7, 2010). "Sunday Final Ratings: Desperate Housewives, 60 Minutes, Amazing Race Adjusted Up; Brothers & Sisters Down; Plus Steelers/Ravens". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- Seidman, Robert (January 11, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: Desperate Housewives, Cleveland Adjusted Up; Brothers & Sisters Down; No Change for 'The Cape' or 'Bob's Burgers'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 11, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill. "Sunday Final Ratings: Brothers & Sisters, Bob's Burgers Adjusted Down; Plus Golden Globes, Undercover Boss, CSI:Miami & More". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved January 19, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill. "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Desperate Housewives,' 'America's Funniest Home Videos,' 'Dateline' Adjusted Up; 'Brothers & Sisters,' 'Simpsons' Down". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved February 15, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert. "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Amazing Race' Adjusted Up; 'The Simpsons' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 23, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert. "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Secret Millionare,' 'Celebrity Apprentice' Adjusted up ; 'Brothers & Sisters,' 'Bob's Burgers,' 'Cleveland Show' Adjusted Down". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved March 8, 2011.
- Bill, Gorman. "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Secret Millionaire,' 'Amazing Race,' 'Undercover Boss,' 'Celebrity Apprentice' Adjusted Up; 'Cleveland Show' Adjusted Down". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved March 15, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (March 22, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Secret Millionaire' Adjusted Up; 'Family Guy,' 'Cleveland' Adjusted Down + CBS". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 22, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (April 5, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: "Desperate Housewives," "Secret Millionaire," "American Dad," "Celebrity Apprentice" Adjusted Up; "Cleveland" Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 5, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (April 12, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Celebrity Apprentice,' 'Secret Millionaire' Adjusted Up; Plus Unscrambled CBS Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 18, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert. "Sunday Finals: 'Celebrity Apprentice,' 'Amazing Race,' 'Undercover Boss,' 'Extreme Makeover,' '60 Minutes' Adjusted Up". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved April 19, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (May 10, 2011). "Sunday Final Ratings: 'Desperate Housewives,' 'Amazing Race,' 'American Dad,' 'Family Guy' Adjusted Up; 'Brothers & Sisters' Adjusted Down". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved May 10, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (May 16, 2011). "TV Ratings Sunday: 'Survivor' Finale Trumps 'Desperate Housewives' Finale, Trump and Everything Else". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved May 18, 2011.
- "The Cleveland Show DVD news: Announcement for The Cleveland Show - The Complete Season 2". TVShowsOnDVD.com. 2011-06-29. Archived from the original on 2016-05-13. Retrieved 2016-04-11.