The Devil and Daniel Johnston
|The Devil and Daniel Johnston|
A promotional poster for the film
|Directed by||Jeff Feuerzeig|
|Produced by||Henry S. Rosenthal|
|Music by||Daniel Johnston|
|Edited by||Tyler Hubby|
|Distributed by||Sony Pictures Classics (USA) |
Tartan Films (UK)
The Devil and Daniel Johnston is a 2005 documentary film about American musician Daniel Johnston. It chronicles Johnston's life from childhood up to the present, with an emphasis on his experiences with bipolar disorder, and how it manifested itself in demonic self-obsession. The film was directed by Jeff Feuerzeig and produced by Henry S. Rosenthal.
It is available on DVD from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, which includes a supplemental feature documenting the reunion between Johnston and his long-time obsession and muse, Laurie Allen. A manufacture on demand Blu-ray was released through Sony's Choice Collection on October 19, 2016.
- "The Devil and Daniel Johnston (2006) - Financial Information". The Numbers.
- "Production Notes" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-06-05. Retrieved 2010-03-09.. Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- The Devil and Daniel Johnston at Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- "The Devil and Daniel Johnston". Metacritic.
- "The Devil and Daniel Johnston". TiVo Corporation. Retrieved September 5, 2017.
- Official website
- The Devil and Daniel Johnston on IMDb
- The Devil and Daniel Johnston at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|