The Dreaming (US band)
|Origin||Los Angeles, California|
|Genres||Industrial rock, hard rock|
|Years active||2001– present|
|Labels||BCD Music Group - USA
Louder Records - Japan
|Associated acts||Stabbing Westward, Deadsy, Amen, Black Veil Brides, The Clay People|
Franccesca De Struct
|Past members||Martin Kelly
|This section needs additional or better citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Dreaming formed in mid 2001 after the dissolution of Christopher Hall's former band, Stabbing Westward. Chris and Johnny Haro, who had briefly filled in on drums in Stabbing Westward, took to the studio to record demos for his new project. Enlisting the help of Bryan Carlstrom, who engineered Darkest Days, the group began recording.
The group completed their first round of demo songs by February 2003 and made their live debut at The Gig in Hollywood, California. Throughout the following months, the group played several shows in notable Hollywood venues such as Whisky a Go Go, The Gig, and Dragonfly and signed a deal with Andy Gould Management.
Throughout 2004, the group continued to play shows on the west coast, including gigs in California, Washington and Nevada. In July 2004, the group shot a music video for the song "Beautiful.". In late 2004, the group re-recorded the track "Beautiful" from The Dreaming EP with famed producer Jay Baumgardner for the soundtrack to the 2005 film Elektra.
Original guitarist Diego Russo would be replaced by former Amen guitarist Jinxx. Winter 2005 saw the digital release of the Bonus Tracks EP, and 2006 followed with Dreamo, an EP that featured Hall and Jinxx re-interpreting four of the group's songs with both acoustic guitar and violin.
In Fall of 2006, the group went on their first national tour, The Congress of Corruption. The Dreaming opened for Godhead, Ill Niño and Ra on this tour. Carlton Bost, joined the line-up in 2007 after his previous band Deadsy went on hiatus. The album Etched in Blood was released on January 31, 2008, through a deal with the Hot Topic retail chain, and it also became available for internet purchase through Apple iTunes.
In promotion of the album, the group embarked on a 3-month headlining tour in early 2008 that took them across the United States. They would then follow up with a co-headlining tour with Flaw in late 2008, and a co-headlining tour with Trust Company in early 2009. Jinxx would leave the group in mid-2009 and later join Black Veil Brides. He was replaced by former American Headcharge-guitarist Nick Quijano in 2011. Bassist Martin Kelly from Living Dead Lights and guitarist Rich Jazmin round out the roster in the Fall of 2011. The second album PUPPET was released on 11/1/11 on EAR/EMI records with the first single "Every Trace" scoring early radio adds weeks before the actual radio add date.
Since the beginning of 2013, The Dreaming have been busy working on their upcoming album entitled "Rise Again". Very few details have been let slip about the upcoming album, but count on updates to a few older songs from the earlier days of The Dreaming as well as brand new material. As of late 2014, The Dreaming announced via their Facebook page that the release date for the new album is February 10, 2015 and will be distributed via Metropolis Records. The first single track from the new album entitled "Alone" was released via the internet in November 2014. The song can be downloaded via Metropolis Records website, iTunes and Spotify. The second single track of the album entitled "Still Believe" was first played on February 8, 2015 on KROQ-FM.
In addition, Walter Flakus joined the band on a permanent basis in 2014. Flakus was also an original member of Hall's former band, Stabbing Westward. In addition to Haro, that makes three members of the band now in The Dreaming that were in Stabbing Westward. The band is currently scheduled to tour the west coast along with Die So Fluid between March 4, 2015 to March 14, 2015.According to the band's Facebook page, The Dreaming will continue to tour during a 4-week nationwide stint throughout the month of June 2015.
|US||US Heat.||US Ind.|
|2008||Etched In Blood
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
|"Beautiful"||2004||—||—||The Dreaming (EP)|
|"—" denotes a recording that did not chart or was not released in that territory.|
- Christopher Hall – lead vocals (2001–present)
- Johnny Haro – drums (2001–present)
- Carlton Bost – guitar, keyboards (2007–2011, 2013–present)
- Franccesca D'Struct – bass (2014–present)
- Walter Flakus – keys and programming (2014–present)
- Brent Ashley – bass (2005–2011, 2013–2014)
- Martin Kelly – bass (2011–2013)
- Nick Quijano – guitar (2011-2012)
- Jinxx – guitar (2005–2009)
- Diego Russo – guitar (2003–2005)
- Jonathon Dyke – bass (2003–2005)
- Rich Jazmin – guitar (2009–2010, 2011–2013)
- "Album Review: The Dreaming – Rise Again". Rock Revolt Magazine. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "THE DREAMING SHINE WHISKEY A GO GO WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA 11-12-14". Cryptic Rock. 8 December 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- BLABBERMOUTH.NET - THE DREAMING Sign Top Management Deal[dead link]
- video van The Dreaming op Myspace
- BLABBERMOUTH.NET - THE DREAMING To Be Featured On 'Elektra' Movie Soundtrack Archived March 8, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Dreaming Rise Again summer tour dates!!!". The Dreaming via Facebook. March 31, 2015. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- "The Dreaming – Chart History: Active Rock". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved March 13, 2013.
- "The Dreaming – Chart History: Mainstream Rock Tracks". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved March 13, 2013.