The Lover (TV series)
|Written by||Kim Min-seok|
Kim Tae-eun |
Oh Jung-se |
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Executive producer(s)||Oh Gwang-seok|
|Production location(s)||South Korea|
Jung Il-won |
50 minutes |
Thursdays at 23:00 (KST)
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 2.0|
|Original release||April 2– June 25, 2015|
The Lover (Hangul: 더 러버) is a 2015 South Korean television series starring Oh Jung-se, Ryu Hyun-kyung, Jung Joon-young, Choi Yeo-jin, Park Jong-hwan, Ha Eun-seol, Takuya Terada and Lee Jae-joon. It aired on Mnet from April 2 to June 25, 2015 on Thursdays at 23:00 for 12 episodes.
The Lover is an omnibus series that depicts four different couples living together in one apartment complex.
Room 609: Both in their thirties, Oh Do-si is a voice actor and Ryu Doo-ri is a blogger. They simply chose to live together instead of getting married, and have been sharing an apartment for two years.
Room 610: Jung Young-joon and Choi Ji-nyeo are a couple that's twelve years apart in age. Ji-nyeo has the personality of a penny-pinching ajumma and basically supports her younger boyfriend in the hope that he will someday realize his dream, while Young-joon is an unemployed musician who carries around a guitar he doesn't know how to play. They've been dating for two years, living together for a year, and are quick to fight and make up.
Room 510: Park Hwan-jong and Ha Seol-eun are in their twenties and have just moved in together. Seol-eun wants her boyfriend to believe that she's the perfect embodiment of femininity, and works tirelessly to keep up the illusion.
Room 709: Lee Joon-jae is a loner who prefers to stay at home, but is forced to find a roommate for financial reasons. He doesn't even want to exchange unnecessary small talk so he advertises for a foreigner who can't speak Korean very well. Enter Takuya, a Japanese guy on his travels. Takuya thinks Joon-jae is wasting his youth, and begins to draw him out into the world.
- Oh Jung-se as Oh Do-si
- Ryu Hyun-kyung as Ryu Doo-ri
- Jung Joon-young as Jung Young-joon
- Choi Yeo-jin as Choi Jin-nyeo
- Park Jong-hwan as Park Hwan-jong
- Ha Eun-seol as Ha Seol-eun
- Takuya Terada as Takuya
- Lee Jae-joon as Lee Joon-jae
- Sung Kyu-chan as Sung Min-jae
- Kang Kyun-sung as Ryu Sung-kyun (cameo, ep 1)
- Sung, So-young (26 February 2015). "Jung Joon-young to appear in Lover". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- Ahn, Woorim (31 March 2015). "What Happens To The Lover?". BNTNews. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- Hea, Jung-min (31 March 2015). "Choi Yeo Jin, Jung Joon Young and More Get Fired Up for The Lover". enewsWorld. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- "Oh Jeong-se and Ryu Hyun-kyung pose at a press junket for their new TV series in Seoul". The Chosun Ilbo. 1 April 2015. Archived from the original on 4 April 2015. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- Jones, Julie (1 April 2015). "Jung Joon Young Of The Lover Says The Noona Romance Is Impossible". KDramaStars. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- "Couples cozy up for Mnet's new drama The Lover". Dramabeans. 16 March 2015. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- Ghim, Sora (1 April 2015). "Kang Kyun Sung Makes A Cameo In The Lover". BNTNews. Retrieved 2015-04-03.
- The Lover official Mnet website (in Korean)
- The Lover on Facebook (in Korean)
- The Lover on Instagram (in Korean)
- The Lover at HanCinema
|This article related to South Korean television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|