The Met: Policing London
|The Met: Policing London|
|Narrated by||Lennie James|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Executive producer(s)||Aysha Rafaele|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||BBC Documentaries|
|Picture format||16:9 1080i|
|Original release||8 June 2015– present|
The Met: Policing London is a British documentary television series about the Metropolitan Police Service. As of 8 June 2015[update] it is being broadcast on BBC One. The series shows how the Met works from Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis, to police officers. The Met will be produced by BBC Documentaries who have previously made Our War, an award-winning series about British soldiers in Afghanistan, and Protecting Our Children, about social services.
The first series, comprising five episodes, began broadcasting on BBC One on Monday 8 June 2015.
Charlotte Moore, the controller of BBC One, announced the series on 23 October 2013. She called it the "first ever definitive portrait of the Met" and said documentaries like The Met were "at the heart of BBC One's remit". The series will be made by BBC Documentaries and will consist of six, hour-long episodes.
I hope that over the coming months, we can reveal the true scale and complexity of the challenges faced by officers and staff across the service as they meet the demands of modern policing—and at a time when we are going through a period of unprecedented change. I am proud of the Met. I hope this documentary helps the people of London learn more about policing and be proud of us too.
The series was commissioned by Charlotte Moore and Emma Willis, the head of documentary commissioning for the BBC. The Guardian said the series will not be likely to air before 2015. The executive producer for the series is Aysha Rafaele, the head of documentaries for the BBC.
- "Charlotte Moore announces major new documentary series The Met for BBC One". BBC. 23 October 2013. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Moss, Rachel (23 October 2013). "New BBC Met police documentary aims to make public proud". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Hooton, Christopher (23 October 2013). "Metropolitan Police to be subject of BBC One documentary series". Metro. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- Deans, Jason (23 October 2013). "BBC plans Metropolitan police documentary series". The Guardian. Retrieved 24 October 2013.
- Alice Ross (30 March 2017). "Man mauled by dog (referencing Met Police: Season 2 production)". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 March 2017.
- "BBC One - The Met: Policing London, Series 2, Episode 1". BBC. Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- Fletcher, Alex (23 October 2013). "Met Police to get their own documentary series on BBC One". Digital Spy. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- Jury, Louise (23 October 2013). "Documentary series to show behind the scenes at the Met". Evening Standard. Retrieved 23 October 2013.
- "Metropolitan Police to be subject of BBC documentary". BBC News. 23 October 2013. Retrieved 24 October 2013.