This article is missing information about the film's production, and theatrical/VHS releases.July 2018)(
British theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Jack Cardiff|
|Produced by||Robert D. Weinbach|
|Written by||Edward Mann|
Robert D. Weinbach
|Music by||Basil Kirchin|
Jack Nathan (uncredited)
|Edited by||John Trumper|
Getty Pictures Corp.
|Distributed by||Columbia-Warner (UK)|
Columbia Pictures (US)
|October 1974 (UK)|
25 September 1974 (US)
This article needs an improved plot summary. (July 2018)
A deranged genetic scientist abducts college students as human guinea pigs that he uses in his experiments in crossbreeding plants with humans. The failed experimental mutants are then given to a cruel circus freakshow owner who exploits them to the fullest. However, the mutants and the circus freaks will not be denied justice.
- Donald Pleasence as Professor Nolter
- Tom Baker as Lynch
- Brad Harris as Brian Redford
- Julie Ege as Hedi
- Michael Dunn as Burns
- Scott Antony as Tony
- Jill Haworth as Lauren
- Olga Anthony as Bridget
- Lisa Collings as Prostitute
- Joan Scott as Landlady
- Toby Lennon as Tramp
- John Wreford as Policeman
- Eithne Dunne as Nurse
- Richard Davies as Doctor
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (July 2018)
The film was released on DVD by Subversive Cinema on September 27, 2005. Subversive Cinema later re-released the film on January 29, 2008 as a part of its 2-Disk Greenhouse Gore movie pack. It was last released by Desert Island Films on February 18, 2012.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2014)
Author and film critic Leonard Maltin awarded the film 2 out of 4 stars, criticizing the film's predictable story and what he called "grotesque elements and characters". TV Guide awarded the film 1/5 stars, writing, "Though at times the film is so bad it's unintentionally funny, it has a certain cruelty to it."
- "The Mutations". American Film Institute. Retrieved 24 November 2015.
- "The Mutations (1973) | BFI". Explore.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-07-24.
- "The Mutations (1974) - Jack Cardiff". Allmovie.com. AllMovie. Retrieved 3 July 2018.
- Leonard Maltin (2013). Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide: 2014 Edition : the Modern Era. Plume Books. p. 964. ISBN 978-0-14-218055-6.
- "The Mutations - Movie Reviews and Movie Ratings". TV Guide.com. TV Guide. Retrieved 3 July 2018.