|Genres||Indie pop, folk rock|
|Years active||2011– present|
Yorn and King met through Linda Ramone, a mutual friend and widow of Johnny Ramone. Yorn met King when King began dating Linda, and they were friends for approximately 10 years before forming The Olms. The two had toured together previously, but later decided to perform a song together after Yorn listened to some of the songs that King had written and the two bounced song ideas off one another. In 2011, they created their first track together in 20 minutes, which later became the single "Twice As Nice", included on their debut album.
The band's first album was released on June 4, 2013 with the official single being "Wanna Feel It". The self-titled album was recorded in King's studio with both artists credited for playing almost all of the instruments on each track. The album was an Editor's Pick on iTunes the week following its release and the song Someone Else's Girl was a Top Tune by KCRW on June 28, 2013. The album has been compared to "easygoing country rock and simple '60s pop" and Allmusic stated that the single "Someone Else's Girl" would have been a hit single in 1966. The album also peaked at #4 on Billboard's Top Heatseekers.
On September 15, 2013, The Olms performed along with Vampire Weekend at the iTunes Festival in London. An EP of the performance was released in conjunction with a documentary centering on their first tour on November 12, 2013.
- Appleford, Steve (15 May 2013). "The Olms On Recording Their Debut Album There Were A Lot Of Ghosts Floating Around". Rolling Stone Magazine. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Lynch, Joe (25 June 2013). "The Olms Reveal Medieval Origin Of Pete Yorn's New Band". Fuse TV. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Sendra, Tim. "The Olms Review - Awards". Allmusic. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- Hyman, Dan (14 May 2013). "Pete Yorn Explores The '60s In His New Band, The Olms". Elle Magazine. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Koenig, Mark (18 June 2013). "Pete Yorn & J.D. King's The Olms Make Pop Sounds". Rock World Magazine. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "Album Reviews: Little Mix, Laura Maarling, The Olms, John Fogerty, Harry Connick Jr. & Portugal". Billboard Magazine. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Reverte, Michele (3 June 2013). "Meet The Olms: Pete Yorn and J.D. King's New Album Is The Perfect Summer Soundtrack". LAist. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "The Olms: The Olms". KCRW 89.9 FM. 3 June 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- "The Olms: Someone Else's Girl". KCRW 89.9 FM. 28 June 2013. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Sendra, Tim. "The Olms Review - Overview". Allmusic. Retrieved 4 July 2013.