The Plan Man
|The Plan Man|
|Directed by||Seong Si-heub|
|Produced by||Choi Moon-su|
|Written by||Lee Jeong-a|
|Music by||Kim Jun-seok|
|Edited by||Kim Sun-min|
|Distributed by||Lotte Entertainment|
The Plan Man (Hangul: 플랜맨; RR: Peulraenmaen; lit. "Plan Man") is a 2014 South Korean romantic comedy film that tells the story of an anal retentive man who attempts to escape from his fixation of trying to plan out every detail of his life. Starring Jung Jae-young and Han Ji-min, it is the feature directorial debut of Seong Si-heub.
Jung-seok is a librarian who goes about his daily life with everything planned down to the second. Having obsessive–compulsive personality disorder, he wakes up, crosses the road, visits the convenience store and goes to bed at the same time every day. Whenever he sees anything out of place, he can't help himself but to rectify it, a trait that is particularly irksome to his co-workers. Jung-seok develops a crush for a local convenience store's cashier who demonstrates a similar attention to order and cleanliness. When he finally works up the courage to tell her his feelings, he bumps into So-jung instead, a messy musician and free spirit whose life is lived spontaneously, adventurously and impulsively. With So-jung's help, he tries to woo his dream girl, but the only catch is that she wants someone who doesn't share her obsession for neatness. So now Jung-seok must break his routine and place himself outside of his comfort zone, as So-jung asks him to enter a singing audition program together with her.
- Jung Jae-young as Han Jung-seok
- Han Ji-min as Yoo So-jung
- Cha Ye-ryun as Lee Ji-won
- Jang Gwang as Goo Sang-yoon
- Kim Ji-young as Psychiatrist
- Joo Jin-mo as Laundry
- Choi Won-young as Kang Byung-soo
- Yoo Seung-mok as Writer Lee
- Jo Yong-jin as young Jung-seok
- Go Seo-hee as Jung-seok's mother
- Park Gil-soo as Section chief Nam
- Park Jin-joo as Eun-ha
- Park Jin-woo as Sang-hoon
- So Hee-jung as Kyung-mi
- Lee Han-na as High school girl
- Ha Jae-sook as Lethargic woman
- Kim Ji-hoon as Big man
- Sung Byung-sook as Mi-young
- Lee Ye-eun as Min-ji
- Jung Young-gi as Manager
- Sung Gi-wook as PD Seo
- Lee, Hye-ji (3 May 2013). "Han Ji-min, Jung Jae-young Cast in Romantic Comedy Pic". TenAsia. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- Lee, Claire (6 May 2013). "Jeong Jae-young, Han Ji-min to co-star in rom-com". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- Tae, Sang-joon (28 October 2013). "PLAN MAN and THE LAWS OF PLEASURE Wrap". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- Tae, Sang-joon (3 December 2013). "The Plan Man: The Greatest Love of All". Korean Cinema Today. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- Conran, Pierce (6 January 2014). "In Focus: The Plan Man". Korean Film Biz Zone. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- Ji, Yong-jin (10 January 2014). "Jung Jae-young, man with a plan". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-01-10.
- "Heroine Han Ji-min talks about new movie Plan Man". The Dong-a Ilbo. 3 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-03-29.
- "Han Ji-min Grunges Out But Still Adorable in New Movie". The Chosun Ilbo. 16 January 2014. Retrieved 2014-01-16.
- Won, Ho-yeon (21 January 2014). "Han Ji-min happy to be loud, wild". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved 2014-01-21.