|Directed by||Adam Rodgers|
|Written by||Sig Libowitz|
|Produced by||Sig Libowitz|
|Starring||Kate Mulgrew, Peter Riegert, Aasif Mandvi|
|Edited by||Steve Bell|
The Response is a courtroom drama based on transcripts of the Combatant Status Review Tribunals held at Guantanamo Bay in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks on the United States. The film takes the viewer inside the tribunal of a suspected Al Queda enemy combatant and the three military officers who must decide his fate. The film is 30 minutes long.
The Response was shortlisted for an 2010 Academy Award (Best Short Film, Live Action) and named the Silver Gavel Award winner as Best of the Year in Drama & Literature by the American Bar Association.
- Nuckols, Ben (2008-02-03). "Film Recreates Guantanamo Tribunal". Fox News. Archived from the original on 2008-02-04.
- "Film focuses on Gitmo detainees". The Olympian. 2009-09-05. Archived from the original on 2009-09-05.
- "The Response". IMDb. Retrieved 2009-09-05.
- "Adam Rodgers". IMDb. Archived from the original on 2012-07-31.
- "New role for 'Daily Show' reporter". MLive. 2009-05-09. Archived from the original on 2012-10-04.
- "10 Live Action Shorts Still Alive for Oscar". 4 December 2009.
- "The Response" (PDF). American Bar Association. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-05-27.
- "The Response". theresponsemovie.com. Archived from the original on 2010-03-10.
- ""The Response" Awarded ABA's Silver Gavel for the Arts". University of Maryland School of Law. Archived from the original on 2010-06-18. Retrieved 2009-08-02.
- "Linking Law & the Arts Series: The Response". University of Maryland School of Law. Archived from the original on 2008-12-03.
- "Politics on Film Announces 2009 Festival Selections". politicsonfilm.com. Archived from the original on 2009-08-19.
- "Political Lineup for DC Fest". theresponsemovie.com. 2009-04-28. Archived from the original on 2011-07-17.
- "ACS Chicago Lawyer Chapter Hosts "The Response" - A film based on actual transcripts of the Guantanamo military tribunals". American Constitution Society. Archived from the original on 2009-09-02.
- "Silver Gavels; T-Mobile Responds!". bisnow.com. Archived from the original on 2010-09-18. Retrieved 2009-08-02.