The Secrets of Atlantis: The Sacred Legacy
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|The Secrets of Atlantis: The Sacred Legacy|
|Developer(s)||Atlantis Interactive Entertainment|
|Genre(s)||First Person Adventure Game|
The Secrets of Atlantis: The Sacred Legacy is a fantasy adventure computer game developed by Atlantis Interactive Entertainment, originally published by Nobilis, and firstly released in France on November 3, 2006. It is the fifth and latest game in the Atlantis series started by Cryo, and the second one made by Atlantis Interactive Entertainment.
In 1937, Howard Brooks, a young aeronautical engineer, returns from a conference in Germany. On board the Hindenburg zeppelin taking him to New York, Howard is attacked by members of an occult sect.
When Howard wakes up in the Hindenburg he finds himself alone. Eventually he meets a man claiming to have followed him for a long time, and that he and Howard are the last ones left on the zeppelin.
He soon learns that these evildoers covet the mysterious secret of a forgotten civilization of which, it seems, he is the heir. Convinced that Howard has a key element of their research, they decide to set a trap for him.
Caught up by his past, Howard sets out on an adventure that leads him, by turns, to several locations: Macao, an Indian palace, a temple in Mesopotamia and the Empire State Building in New York.
The gameplay is similar to any of the other Atlantis games. You move around in a first person view, similar to Myst or Ages.
- In many countries, as well as the games own titlescreen and installation, the game is only named "The Secrets of Atlantis" with no undertitle.
- The game takes place in 1937, placing the game between Atlantis Evolution and Atlantis III: The New World.
Changes during Development
- The games original title was Atlantis V, as seen on various sites such as GameSpot.
- Atlantis Interactive Entertainment who made the game, was sold to Nobilis changing the developer which originally was The Adventure Company.
Differences from the other games
- It is the first game in the series not designed and written by Johan Robson, also its universe and Atlantean mythology have a very few aspects in common with the ones Robson originally created.
- A completely new Logo was introduced to the series, replacing the 10-year-old one.
- The game is set up in a comicbook style when it comes to talking and using items.
- A new menu screen replacing the one used in Atlantis II, III and Evolution.
- The art direction doesn't try to be as realistic as before.
- No atlantian flying-ship is seen on the cover, not even as the icon used to represent the series since Atlantis III.
- When Howard talks, you see him in the down left corner, in the previous games the camera have changed entirerly to show the character in control.