|Publisher(s)||Cryo Interactive (Europe)
DreamCatcher Interactive (North America)
|Producer(s)||Rémi Herbulot, Jean-Martial Lefranc, Philippe Ulrich|
Atlantis II, known as Beyond Atlantis in North America) is a fantasy adventure point and click computer game developed by Cryo Interactive and published by Dreamcatcher Interactive, and released in 1999. It is a sequel to Atlantis: The Lost Tales. It was followed by Atlantis III: The New World.
Ten the Bearer of Light journeys to Shambhala to confront the Bearer of Dark so that balance can be returned to the Universe. To find Shambhala, he must gather the pieces that make up the "road to Shambhala" from different locations and time periods – China, Ireland and the Yucatán. When Ten ventures into one of the places, he transforms into a different person on a unique quest. In China, Ten is a civil servant saving the land from drought. In Ireland, Ten is a monk named Felim helping the locals fulfill an old myth. In Yucatán, Ten is Tepec who serves the king and has to awaken Quetzalcoatl to save the land from famine. Finally in Shambella, Ten meets Queen Rhea and ensures that the Bearer of Dark is imprisoned.
The game features a "point and click" interface, full 3D panning, puzzles of varied difficulty, conversations with other characters, and a fully orchestrated musical score.
According to market research firm PC Data, Beyond Atlantis sold 64,625 copies in North America during 2000, of which 23,327 units derived from December. It sold another 84,237 units in the region during 2001, and 9,317 during the first six months of 2002. The combined global sales of Atlantis II, Atlantis and their sequel, Atlantis III: The New World, surpassed 1 million units by 2004.
- "Interview se Stephanem Ressotem z Crya". MAFRA, a.s. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "Atlantis 2 - bájná Atlantida opět ožívá". MAFRA, a.s. Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "Atlantis II for PC - GameRankings". GameRankings. Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- "Atlantis II (PC) reviews at Metacritic.com". Metacritic. Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- Heidi Fournier (May 19, 2002). "Atlantis II Review". Adventure Gamers. Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- Gestalt (April 1, 2000). "Atlantis 2 - Eurogamer". Eurogamer. Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- Ron Dulin (July 18, 2000). "Beyond Atlantis - Gamespot". Gamespot. Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- "Atlantis II - IGN". IGN. July 25, 2005. Retrieved September 25, 2017.
- Staff. "Beyond Atlantis". MacHome Journal. Archived from the original on November 7, 2003.
- Sluganski, Randy (February 2001). "The State of Adventure Gaming". Just Adventure. Archived from the original on April 14, 2001.
- Sluganski, Randy (March 2002). "State of Adventure Gaming - March 2002 - 2001 Sales Table". Just Adventure. Archived from the original on June 19, 2002.
- Sluganski, Randy (August 2002). "State of Adventure Gaming - August 2002 - June 2002 Sales Table". Just Adventure. Archived from the original on March 14, 2005.
- Bronstring, Marek (May 24, 2004). "Atlantis Evolution - E3 2004". Adventure Gamers. Archived from the original on May 27, 2015.